Java Web Developer
- Cincinnati, OH
Car-part.com is a national company, that is headquartered in Ft. Wright, KY. We provide innovative software solutions that support and increase the use of recycled automotive parts. Our software solutions not only benefit the auto recycling industry, but also insurance companies and auto repair professionals alike.
Car-part.com employees also enjoy casual dress, competitive starting salaries, attractive benefits/401K/vacation plan, along with flexible hours and opportunities to work remotely as projects permit. Please reply to this posting with an updated resume and your salary expectations, if you meet the requirements listed.
Due to the extensive amount of "team work" this role requires, this position is open to LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY, although there may be opportunities to work from home occasionally.
The majority of our software projects are web applications, although we do produce some independent desktop applications. Our server side software is mostly written in Java, running in a Linux or Solaris environment, often backed by Apache/Tomcat and/or Oracle Databases.
1. Design and develop new Java web applications, help maintain existing application software.
2. Participate in all phases of our software development life cycle to convert concepts and specifications into deployed applications and features.
3. Determine impact of project/system creation/modification to other systems and/or projects.
4. Provide estimates on project time requirements
• Strong background in programming fundamentals
• Experience with advanced algorithms and optimization techniques for high-performance code
• Ability to create functional and technical design specifications for software development efforts
• Knowledge of software development fundamentals, exposure to all phases of the software development process
•Ability to solve problems by gathering information and evaluating options
•Ability to analyze and prioritize information to make appropriate recommendations
•Ability to work productively with others in a team environment
•Must maintain proactive mindset, anticipate needs, and be independently motivated
Here we grow again! The demand for innovative software applications for the automotive recycling and automotive insurance industries has grown tremendously, just as our business has. Over the past five years, we have grown from being a small company that had approximately 80 employees to now a medium sized one with just over 200! As a result, you will have a unique opportunity to join an established company that is experiencing a tremendous “growth spurt”!
Along with advancement potential, eager to excel employees are given the chance to take on leadership roles within their projects, as well as embrace additional challenges and responsibilities. You will not only have an opportunity to put your expert programming skills to use, but also have the chance to contribute to product design.Your ability to offer fresh ideas will be welcomed, along with the opportunity to assist in process improvement.