Senior Web Applications Developer - E-Commerce
- Cincinnati, OH
Car-part.com is a national company, that is headquartered in Ft. Wright, KY. We provide innovative software solutions that support and increase the use of recycled automotive parts. Our software solutions not only benefit the auto recycling industry, but also insurance companies and auto repair professionals alike.
Car-part.com employees also enjoy casual dress, competitive starting salaries, attractive benefits/401K/vacation plan, along with flexible hours and opportunities to work remotely as projects permit. Please reply to this posting with an updated resume and your salary expectations, if you meet the requirements listed.
Due to the extensive amount of "team work" this role requires, this position is open to LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY, although there may be opportunities to work from home occasionally.
The majority of our software projects are web applications, although we do produce some independent desktop applications. Our server side software is mostly written in Java, running in a Linux or Solaris environment, often backed by Apache/Tomcat and/or Oracle Databases.
- Drive a team of developers and produce high performance web applications
- Develop design documents when needed, and review design documents and test plans
- Manage resources, schedule enhancements, prioritize tasks for group
- Manage the release process
- Collaborate with other product managers to define interfaces, ensuring features work correctly together across products
- Work with training, customer support, systems, and operations team leads
- Perform all aspects of managing employees
- Ability to design high performance web applications
- 3 years of E-Commerce Product Development experience
- Knowledge of E-Commerce payment systems and workflow concepts
- At least two years management experience in an agile environment
- AS Computer Science or related field
- Proven ability to provide technical leadership and mentoring to team members
- Must be able to analyze and problem solve complex technical issues
- Ability to analyze ambiguity and determine the best resolution process which may include immediate resolution, going to subject matter experts, or escalating to architecture
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication abilities
- Able to oversee multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities
Here we grow again! The demand for innovative software applications for the automotive recycling and automotive insurance industries has grown tremendously, just as our business has. Over the past five years, we have grown from being a small company that had approximately 80 employees to now a medium sized one with just over 200! As a result, you will have a unique opportunity to join an established company that is experiencing a tremendous “growth spurt”!
Along with advancement potential, eager to excel employees are given the chance to take on leadership roles within their projects, as well as embrace additional challenges and responsibilities. You will not only have an opportunity to put your expert programming skills to use, but also have the chance to contribute to product design.Your ability to offer fresh ideas will be welcomed, along with the opportunity to assist in process improvement.