Business Developer - Accounts and Finance
- Ottawa, Canada
CareerFit Solutions is a privately owned professional staffing company specializing in recruiting and placing finance, accounting, engineering and technical professionals for full-time positions.
CareerFit Solutions' mission is to develop and share an exceptional level of recruiting expertise that is tailored to client needs, supportive of local communities and delivered by caring, professional employees. Our core values of People First, Excellence and Integrity ensure that both our clients and candidates are a perfect fit for each other.
- Working in Business Development you will be involved in pitching and presenting at boardroom level. This could include presentations to HR (Human Resources) departments and will require meticulous planning and proposal writing.
- Your main area of focus will be to generate new leads with the aim of creating more sales.
- Business Development involves scheduling appointments, preparing and delivering presentation to the client, having researched their business and requirements.
- A Business Developer will work on sales follow-up activities.
- Maintaining customer relationships and ensuring customer loyalty through excellent customer service as well as meeting all client needs appropriate to their business, is a key role within Business Development
- A Business Developer works as part of a team and closely with other departments within the organization.
- A strong track record of business-to-business sales at a corporate level.
- Excellent organizational skills are essential as well as performance monitoring will be a requirement.
- Knowledge of Merx.
Starting at $25,000 base plus commission.
- A degree or equivalent qualification CA, CGA, CMA, CTP qualified or equivalent, but a proven background in business development may be sufficient.
- A proven track record in strong presentation skills is essential in the role.
- Will need to have strong research and strategic analysis skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and be able to cold call potential clients with confidence are key for a successful Business developer.
- Business Developers need to be skilled at agreeing and closing deals with clients.
- Must be able to operate Microsoft Office and associated programs.
- Must have experience in Developing Treasury Function, strategies and policies.
- Also worked within Treasury, Financial Reporting, Management Accounting, Compliance and Governance.
- Knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 7 and other relevant accounting conventions.
Please disclose your salary expectations and If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your resume. We look forward to receiving your application.
CareerFit Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Please note only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest.