- Montreal, Canada
The Design Manager has the overall responsibility for; the design of the project, QA and QC and Document Control. Within each of these elements of the project, sub elements exist. The design responsibility also includes; the design consultants, compliance with outside bodies and the strategy for achieving design compliance when measured against the Project Agreement.
- Technical decisions, coordination, quality and conformance to contract requirements. Ensure contractual requirements relating to engineering and design; are met.
- May take on responsibilities and special administrative duties as assigned by the Project Director
- Has knowledge of and coordinates the various computer systems utilized by Company in the execution of its activities
- Reviews and understands the contract(s) basis including scope of work, scope of facilities and applicable liability for the contract and assigned liabilities;
- Reviews and is familiar with discipline scope of services and scope of facilities for each contract. Is familiar with discipline contract deliverables, level of detail and drawing/document acceptable quality levels according to client standards;
- Reviews and implements design criteria and specifications as per client requirements. Reviews assigned projects to ensure compliance with basic design within the limits of defined role;
- Reviews and understand the project activity models for engineering and specific discipline along with the project requirement checklists and relevant sections of the Project execution manual and project procedures manual;
- May be required to represent the project Director at staff meetings, design reviews and other meetings involving client, contractor or other third party;
- Develops and/or amends scope of works, scope of services and any other documentation to fulfill discipline project requirements;
- Prepare technical and contractual correspondence in accordance with project and client requirements; this takes the form of formal letters and transmittal's informing client and other parties of matters appertaining to the various contracts for which the engineer has discipline responsibility;
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of client, contractor and industry codes and standards and be able to apply that knowledge in accordance with the clients requirements to all activities executed by contractors for which engineer has discipline project management responsibility;
- Understands and is able to apply Quality Control /Quality Assurance requirements for discipline engineering as laid out in PMC quality manual;
- Review designs and drawings in accordance with the scope of project management activities for all contracts for which the engineer has discipline responsibility;
- Demonstrates ability to conceive, plan, organize, coordinate and execute multiple assigned tasks in a timely manner;
- Represents Company in a professional manner and is aware of Company's best interest in dealing with clients;
- Reviews and participates in the development of any project standards and specifications;
- Establishes and maintains rapport with client counterparts and promotes communications, cooperation and interaction between Client, Project Managers and other engineering disciplines.
- Reviews and identifies deviations in job scope, reviews estimate magnitude of changes, and advices client accordingly;
- Evaluates quotation summaries, material and component substitution, for technical compliance.
- Reviews contractor's recommendations for material inspection, identification, certification and expediting to projects;
- Participates in project quality assurance reviews and implements observation and corrective action requirements.
- 7+ years of design experience
- 3-5 years experience of leading and management experience
- Experience with Quality Control, Quality Assurance and document control
- Experience in the construction industry
- Demonstrated leadership experience and able to work in conjunction with the other departments
- Ability to manage multiple work efforts concurrently in different work disciplines
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to quickly assess situations
- Bilingual is an asset
Please disclose your salary expectations and If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your resume. We look forward to receiving your application.
CareerFit Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Please note only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest.