Senior Statistical Modeler
- Anaheim, CA
CashCall, Inc. was founded in 2003 and has become one of the nation’s premier consumer finance lenders. Headquartered in Anaheim, California, the Company employs the industry’s leading lending professionals, each dedicated to providing exceptional customer service. A pioneer in the use of innovative computer technologies and forward-thinking management systems, CashCall, Inc. has been able to simplify the loan process, greatly reduce costs and pass the savings along to the customer. CashCall’s Mortgage Division specializes in new mortgages and home refinancing.
PURPOSE AND DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS
CashCall, Inc. is seeking an experienced Senior Statistical Modeler to review and develop complex predictive models at our Anaheim, California location. This position requires candidates to have a Master’s degree in statistics and at least 5 years of modeling experience working in the financial services industry. Any potential candidate will be proficient in scorecard development, data transformation, and segmentation analysis. Candidates should be able to clearly communicate and work well with people at all levels of the organization. Excellent compensation and benefit package.
EXAMPLES OF TASKS:
- Delivering statistical models for the Originations and Collections department.
- Undertaking knowledge discovery and data mining in large transactional datasets.
- Performing data extraction, transformation and loading from multiple data sources.
- Developing analytical datasets to support statistical modeling.
- Developing solutions for monitoring and reporting model performance, quality and reliability.
- Developing re-usable processes and methodologies for delivering analytical models in a structured fashion.
- Execution of all phases of modeling projects: identifying the business problem, data exploration, modeling, communication of final results, post implementation monitoring.
- Collaboration with various departments.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Create and maintain custom variables created using CashCall data as well as external sources.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, monitor and support a variety of statistical models created in SAS for both Originations and Collections.
- Work closely with other team members in the Risk Management Department to create vintage analysis and loss forecasts.
- Provide guidance and advice on modeling techniques to use to create robust models based on available data.
- MS in Statistics or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with statistical modeling and data mining in financial services using large and complex datasets
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with SAS, SQL, and KnowledgeStudio