- Washington, DC
We are a fast growing government contractor specializing in custom analytics and information management and support the Federal Government in the areas of healthcare, defense, and intelligence. We offer a generous benefits package. Come join other highly qualified professionals providing outstanding service to our customers.
Catapult Consultants is a global, professional services and management consulting company specializing in business, analytical and information systems solutions with top talent who create exceptional results for our clients. We support mission-critical programs in the Intelligence Community and Defense and Civilian sectors with our team of smart, energetic people who like taking on big challenges and are committed to not just checking the box but exceeding client expectations. The Catapult culture is defined by mutual respect, hard work, and teamwork. We recognize that a great idea can come from anyone at any time, so we encourage innovative thinking and the sharing of ideas.
Catapult Consultants is lloking for someone to perform MSC FINANCIAL SUPPORT AND AUDIT READINESS.
This person will deliver financial management support services for MSC’s N8 Comptroller Directorate. Services provided will include, preparing the command to assert formal audit readiness for an independent financial audit, as well as, support for MSC’s accounting and budgeting policy, financial and feeder systems support, transactional support, process improvements, financial reporting, and program management support.
- Review and recommend revision to existing process documentation; develop understanding of business processes, identify and prioritize assertion risk areas.
- Perform internal control testing, evaluate controls and develop/document/implement emergent corrective actions.
- Perform substantive testing on material balance sheet and statement of budgetary resources accounts and develop/document/implement emergent corrective actions.
- Review, revise and develop necessary financial policies, standard operating procedures, business process flowcharts and narratives.
- Perform iterations of substantive testing to determine if corrective actions emergent from previous testing evolutions have been implemented. Develop/document/implement any additional emergent corrective actions.
Requisite skill sets include:
- A strong understanding of federal financial management laws and regulations
- Federal proprietary and budgetary accounting
- Audit Readiness
- Federal system requirements
- Federal financial statement audits
- Strong leadership skills and experience
Financial Management certification
Familiarity with working on federal government locations including general knowledge of IT policy
EEO StatementCatapult Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We believe that every employee has the right to work in a dignified work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. It’s our policy to recruit, employ, retain, compensate, train, promote, discipline, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants based solely on qualifications, performance, and competence. This policy reflects our belief that providing equal opportunities for all employees is a both our legal and moral responsibility, and good management practice.
All employees and applicants are treated without regard to age, sex, color, religion, race, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, current or future military status, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or familial status, disability or any other status protected by law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.