Project Manager (CDC NCEZID)
- Atlanta, GA
We are a fast growing government contractor specializing in custom analytics and information management and support the Federal Government in the areas of healthcare, defense, and intelligence. We offer a generous benefits package. Come join other highly qualified professionals providing outstanding service to our customers.
Catapult Consultants is a global, professional services and management consulting company specializing in business, analytical and information systems solutions with top talent who create exceptional results for our clients. We support mission-critical programs in the Intelligence Community and Defense and Civilian sectors with our team of smart, energetic people who like taking on big challenges and are committed to not just checking the box but exceeding client expectations. The Catapult culture is defined by mutual respect, hard work, and teamwork. We recognize that a great idea can come from anyone at any time, so we encourage innovative thinking and the sharing of ideas.
This position oversees a team of contractors providing various support services for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases (NCEZID), Division of Global Migration and Quarantine (DGMQ).
• Contingent upon contract award to Catapult, estimated start date is 9/1/2014
• Reports to: Director of Healthcare Solutions
• Work location is onsite at a CDC facility in one of the following locations: Atlanta, GA; Lawrenceville, GA; Detroit, MI; El Paso, TX; Miami, FL; St Paul, MN; or San Diego, CA
• Supervise a team providing various support services, including:
1. Program operations support (administrative support, data management, statistical services, financial and contract management, quality assurance).
2. Communication and training activities (planning communications strategies, developing and deploying training materials, and conducting evaluations and assessments), as well as
3. Consulting support services (strategic planning, business process design and performance improvement, and metrics and performance management).
• Provide executive direction of all project tasks and deliverables
• Ensure personnel performance and all contract deliverables are in accordance with both contract requirements and company policies and procedures
• Develop the project management plan, assign resources to tasks as needed and maintain or supervise maintenance of project plan in Microsoft Project on a weekly basis
• Lead weekly project meetings and receive team members’ statuses on assigned tasks
• Develop and/ or supervise development of any of the following as needed: kick-off meeting materials, quality assurance surveillance plan, task plan(s), monthly status reports, weekly status meeting materials and other project management deliverables in accordance with the contract statement of work
• Interact with client point-of-contact on a frequent basis
• Provide summary status reports to Catapult’s Director of Healthcare Solutions on a weekly basis
• Perform ongoing quality assurance and quality control activities
• Provide support for Catapult’s bid and proposal efforts as needed by reviewing, updating, or writing proposal content
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree is required from an accredited U.S. college or university
• 2 years of experience as a Project Manager working as a federal contractor at CDC
• 7 years of supervisory/ management experience
• Experience managing projects providing health-related research, writing, analysis and training activities
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Excellent organizational, verbal communication, proofreading/ reviewing, writing and follow-up skills
• Highly-motivated, detail-oriented, quick learner with a professional demeanor
• Ability to earn & maintain a Public Trust Level 5 Clearance after contract award, current clearance is a plus
• Travel up to 10% of the time may be required
• Master’s degree from an accredited U.S. college or university
• Graduate-level courses in health-related research, writing and analysis
• Experience as a Project Manager working as a federal contractor at CDC’s NCEZID DGMQ
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
EEO StatementCatapult Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We believe that every employee has the right to work in a dignified work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. It’s our policy to recruit, employ, retain, compensate, train, promote, discipline, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants based solely on qualifications, performance, and competence. This policy reflects our belief that providing equal opportunities for all employees is a both our legal and moral responsibility, and good management practice.
All employees and applicants are treated without regard to age, sex, color, religion, race, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, current or future military status, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or familial status, disability or any other status protected by law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.