Strategic Marketing Manager – Toxicology and Safety Pharmacology (#254)
- Madison, WI, USA
We develop and manufacture fully functioning human cells in industrial quantities to precise specifications. Our proprietary iCell Operating System (iCell O/S) includes true human cells in multiple cell types (iCell products), human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) and custom iPSCs and iCell products (MyCell products).
Our iCell O/S products provide standardized, easy-to-use, cost-effective access to the human cell, the smallest fully functioning operating unit of human biology. Customers use our iCell O/S products, among other purposes, for drug discovery and screening; to test the safety and efficacy of their small molecule and biologic drug candidates; for stem cell banking; and in researching cellular therapeutics.
Cellular Dynamics International, a FujiFilm Company, is currently hiring for a Strategic Marketing Manager – Toxicology and Safety Pharmacology. The Strategic Marketing Manager position will develop and support new and existing business and maximize the profitability of the assigned business markets. Will grow the business by leveraging all functions and activities reporting to and working with the business director and business unit. The key measures for success will be increased revenue, brand recognition, profitability from existing business, increased market share, in-depth knowledge of market competitors, and development of deep relationships and partnerships with key customers and industry leaders with purchase power and large-scale influence.
1. Partner with Global Business Director (GBD) in identifying establishing, implementing and leading strategies to meet market demands consistent with Strategic Business Unit (SBU) Operating Plan.
2. Interact directly with leading edge customers to assimilate and report on current and anticipated requirements and size of existing and developing markets.
3. Work directly with GBD, Product Management, and Sales to determine and manage pricing strategies to gain market share, drive profitability, and sustain growth.
4. Assist in the development and setting of strategic business direction to further penetrate existing and new markets.
5. Drive efforts to acquire new business and key customers by leveraging (and overseeing development of) market specific technical and application collateral and support.
6. Manage commercial and technical requirements of the SBU-specific initiatives for external and internal customers.
7. Deliver actionable timely market research to GDB and SBU to drive rapid market adoption of current products and solutions, and inform new product and solution development.
8. Assist Technical Product Mangers (TPM) with customer RFQ / RFI responses as necessary.
9. Provide Market-based information to TPM to assist with Product Life Cycle Management as it relates to SBU.
10. Contract negotiations and Management of Change.
11. Support Operations and QA.
12. Assist Product Development team in new product commercialization as it relates to SBU.
13. Lead projects internally and externally to lower costs and improve profitability.
14. Approximately 40% travel.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree, major in Life Sciences or related fields. Advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5+ years industry experience in cellular biology applications or related fields, and 4+ years experience in product/strategic management and customer engagement
• Experience in Toxicology and Safety Pharmacology preferred, but not essential
• Must have strong planning, implementation, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Must have a good working knowledge of statistics and design of experiment methods to understand and interpret data for customer presentation.
• Must have excellent capability to use Power Point, Excel or other software tools to generate first-class customer presentations.
• Must have demonstrated strong financial, organizational, and communication skills.
• Ability to understand markets both in technical and competitive context.
• Ability to set priorities and develop practical plans.
• Ability to manage relations with customers and key industry leaders
• Ability to work within teams to drive team objectives and goals
• High intensity and energy with a proven ability to mobilize individuals with diverse perspectives and functional talents to generate shared solutions.
• Ability to establish rapport and earn trust; develop relationships and demonstrate uncompromising integrity.
Cellular Dynamics International Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability.