Research Specialist (#116)
- Madison, WI
We develop and manufacture fully functioning human cells in industrial quantities to precise specifications. Our proprietary iCell Operating System (iCell O/S) includes true human cells in multiple cell types (iCell products), human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) and custom iPSCs and iCell products (MyCell products).
Our iCell O/S products provide standardized, easy-to-use, cost-effective access to the human cell, the smallest fully functioning operating unit of human biology. Customers use our iCell O/S products, among other purposes, for drug discovery and screening; to test the safety and efficacy of their small molecule and biologic drug candidates; for stem cell banking; and in researching cellular therapeutics.
CDI is hiring for a Research Specialist who will perform experiments to develop and optimize in vitro cell culture processes. Experience in mammalian cell culture is required with preference given to candidates with broad cell biological assay and/or pluripotent stem cell experience.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Execution and analysis of process and/or assay optimization experiments.
2. Maintenance of mammalian cell cultures including expansion, freezing, thawing of cells.
3. Derivation, differentiation and/or expansion of induced pluripotent stem cells.
4. Performing immunostaining, Flow Cytometry, ELISA, DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, Western
5. Data collection, record keeping, and basic analysis.
6. Reagent preparation to support a wide range of cell culture activities and maintaining well
7. Oral and written presentation of results, and other related duties.
8. Exceptional record keeping and organizational skills.
9. Demonstrate compliance with laboratory safety as it relates to the use of human biological
material, laboratory chemicals, and standard operating procedures.
Essential Job Requirements:
1. Bachelors or associates degree in cell biology or related field.
2. A minimum of one year laboratory experience outside of the classroom.
3. Hands-on experience culturing mammalian cells.
4. Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
5. Hands-on experience with flow cytometry, RNA/DNA/protein assays, and immunostaining is preferred.
6. Some evening and/or weekend work is required.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with a cover letter and resume via the SmartRecruiters website.
CDI is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity