Research Specialist (#188-2)
- Madison, WI
We develop and manufacture fully functioning human cells in industrial quantities to precise specifications. Our proprietary iCell Operating System (iCell O/S) includes true human cells in multiple cell types (iCell products), human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) and custom iPSCs and iCell products (MyCell products).
Our iCell O/S products provide standardized, easy-to-use, cost-effective access to the human cell, the smallest fully functioning operating unit of human biology. Customers use our iCell O/S products, among other purposes, for drug discovery and screening; to test the safety and efficacy of their small molecule and biologic drug candidates; for stem cell banking; and in researching cellular therapeutics.
Cellular Dynamics, a FujiFilm Company, is currently hiring for a Research Specialist at our Madison, WI location. The Research Specialist will be involved in studies related to human pluripotent stem cell (PSC) differentiation in vitro as well as transplantation of PSC-derived cells into immunodeficient mice. Experience in mammalian cell culture is required. Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in flow cytometry, quantitative PCR and laboratory animal handling techniques.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Maintenance and differentiation of human PSC. Isolation of specific cell types by surface markers.
2. Cell transplantation to immunodeficient mice. Performing intravenous cell injections and blood collections.
3. Analyzing cells by immunophenotyping and gene expression.
4. Reagent and cell culture media preparation.
5. Maintaining data records, oral and written presentation of results, and other related duties.
Essential Job Requirements:
1. Bachelor degree in cell biology or related field.
2. A minimum of one year laboratory experience.
3. Hands-on experience in culturing mammalian cells.
4. Hands-on experience with flow cytometry, RNA/DNA isolation, and quantitative PCR is preferred.
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
6. Some evening and/or weekend work is required.
Cellular Dynamics International Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability.