Senior Business Analyst (Forge)
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re embarking on something BIG...
Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses across Canada. With $16.9 billion in assets, we leverage our scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 225 credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than five million customers from coast to coast. For more information, visit Central1.com.
This role is a key part of the digital team working to create Forge – the first personalized, omnichannel, digital banking experience in North America on a leading-edge platform that will enable our clients to deepen bonds with their members and make credit unions the preferred choice for Canadians.
You’re someone who embraces change and loves to jump in and take ownership for delivering results for clients. As an experienced Business Analyst, you will help create the business, stakeholder and solution requirements to get our innovative banking solution into the hands of our clients.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Product Owner in working with the clients to understand their existing business process and functionality
- Analyze the clients’ needs, isolate and identify gaps, translate business requirements into technical specs and user stories, engage internal teams and conduct regular validation to ensure requirements are satisfied throughout the implementation process.
- Work with clients and other stakeholders to gather information, conduct research, and document business needs and requirements
- Recommend service modifications/enhancements, help resolve production problems and present proposals to management and clients
- Help define project parameters, prepare project plans with timelines and budget and communicate requirements to the technical team
- Track and oversee the project life cycle from analysis through to deployment
- Provide training and support to clients and colleagues about new and enhanced products and services as well as write information releases and user manuals
- Actively participate in all agile rituals
- Knowledge and understanding of business analysis principles and methodologies
- University degree in computer science, business administration or other related discipline with an IT focus (or equivalent)
- 8+ years’ experience working on projects through all stages of the project life-cycle
- Must be comfortable with working on multiple features, roll-outs, or enhancement projects of varying size and complexity, with conflicting deadlines in a team environment.
- Will have familiarity and understanding of agile development process, with a technical and/or financial background considered an asset.
- Must be detail oriented and diligent, with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with managing own workload, with minimal supervision, with a focus on the efficient throughput of changes and supporting the team in successful delivery
- Comfortable working on multiple features, roll-outs, or enhancement projects of varying size and complexity, with conflicting deadlines in a team environment
- Experience working in the agile software development methodology, with a technical and/or financial background considered an asset
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves.
Our total rewards package goes beyond what goes into your credit union account. We have a comprehensive compensation structure consisting of a competitive base salary and individual and company-wide annual incentive, matched contributions for your RRSP and a top-notch benefits plan.
Beyond the numbers, we think about you as a person, offering work-life flexibility, an on-site gym, career development opportunities and a day off to volunteer in your community.
Central 1 is committed to diversity and inclusion. If you have a request for an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Reports to: Product Director
Job Grade: D1
Date Posted: June 14 2019
Internal Applicants please apply by June 21, 2019
*Unsolicited resumes from vendors will not be accepted for this or any position at Central 1*
**If you have issues or questions about the application process, please email humanresources @central1.com with a description of your problem**