User Experience (UX) Manager
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re embarking on something BIG...
Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses across Canada. With $16.9 billion in assets, we leverage our scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 225 credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than five million customers from coast to coast. For more information, visit Central1.com.
Because of COVID19, all Central 1 offices are currently closed to non-essential employees. This role will see you working remotely until our offices are reopened. The timeline to reopen is still under consideration, as are our future remote working policies.
As the User Experience (UX) Manager you will help Central 1 mature our design practice, design culture and design team. As a design leader you are highly creative leader who leads by example rolling up your sleeves doing design work as well as guide, mentor and grow the team. You will also work closely with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders to define requirements while being an advocate for the user, and their experience. This role is critical in advocating and educating all levels of the organization on the importance of bringing the customer perspective to the forefront and considering the entire end-to-end customer journey.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the internal Design & User Experience practice through knowledge sharing, coaching and mentoring
- Have strong communication skills and the ability to influence key stakeholders around the best practices and value of human user-centred design principles
- Lead and facilitate design reviews, and product showcases
- Work closely with Product Leaders and other business leaders across the organization
- Maturing our design systems/ languages, tooling and methodologies
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
- Design clear and creative artifacts (task flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes) to guide the members of your agile team
- Have a strong sense of ownership of the solution and speak up to ensure the user angle is heard by the Product Owner
- Monitor the landscape competitively and comparatively for inspiration as well as lead aspirational design to stay ahead
- Attend, host and participate in the local design community, through meetups, events, school/ bootcamp partnerships to build Central1’s talent brand
- 5 – 10 years of UX/ Product Design experience supported by a strong portfolio of work
- 3 – 5 years of people leadership experience
- Passionate about resolving customer pain points through great design
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications
- Experience with human centric design, planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing and rapid prototyping
- Strong visual design skills, including use of a diverse set of software (e.g. Invision, Adobe suite, Sketch, Balsamiq, Axure, etc.)
- Solid knowledge and experience with agile software development
- Experience with accessibility standards and guidelines such as WCAG, AODA etc.
- Design thinking experience/ knowledge
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central 1 is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by creating an environment where everyone feels like they belong and has the opportunity to be successful. We are welcoming of all applicants and we will provide an accessible candidate experience.
Reporting to: VP, Application Management and Data