Senior HR Analyst, People Solutions
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses across Canada. With $16.9 billion in assets, we leverage our scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 225 credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than five million customers from coast to coast. For more information, visit Central1.com.
It’s important we succeed, because the banking industry is one where disruption rules and old ways of doing business are quickly becoming a thing of the past. Central 1 is here to keep Canada’s financial marketplace diversified, support Canadians who want a choice when it comes to banking, and do good for the communities we serve.
As Central 1’s HR consulting agency, People Solutions offers a suite of strategic, data-driven, and innovative human resources consulting services.
Because of COVID19, all Central1 offices are currently closed to non-essential employees. This role will see you working remotely until our offices are reopened. The timeline to reopen is still under consideration, as are our future remote working policies.
The Senior HR Analyst provides HR generalist expertise to consulting projects for Canadian credit unions, supporting Consultants on large and complex consulting projects, and managing less complex consulting projects directly. HR analysis and consulting support covers services in compensation, talent and recruitment, organizational design, and board effectiveness. This position may project manage survey processes and reporting and may provide technical guidance and work leadership to junior department staff.
What you'll be doing:
- Providing core support on complex consulting projects. This includes proposal and services agreement development, research, discovery documentation, data compilation and analysis, complex report preparation and client follow-ups. Making recommendations based on research and analysis for review by Consultants.
- Managing consulting projects of a limited scope from end-to-end, involving client need analysis, project plan development (i.e. timelines and cost estimates), compilation and analysis, development and delivery of recommendations.
- Delivering quality services to meet clients’ needs; building relationships with clients; identifying opportunities and making recommendations to enhance or introduce products and services.
- May be assigned overall product leadership for one or more products.
- Upholding organizational and departmental policies, standards and guidelines.
- Contributing to overall effectiveness and success of the People Solutions team
What you'll have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources and four to six years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- An HR designation - or working towards achieving a designation (CPHR, CHRP, SHRM-CP, CCP) would be an asset
- Strong generalist knowledge and exposure to all aspects of human resources
- Experience with survey methodology and trend research and reporting
- Advanced analytical and organizational skills
- Advanced computer skills using MS suite of products, and aptitude for learning and using technology to build business solutions
- Solid written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate complex ideas and concepts clearly and concisely
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to manage competing priorities and project deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Collaborative team player with strong client service orientation
- Alignment to the values of the cooperative movement and credit union system
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central 1 is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by creating an environment where everyone feels like they belong and has the opportunity to be successful. We are welcoming of all applicants and we will provide an accessible candidate experience.
Reporting to: Director, Human Resources
Date Posted: April 23, 2021
Internal Applicant due date: May 1, 2021
External Applicant due date: Posted until filled
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Mississauga or Toronto
Flexibility for travel and work outside of traditional hours (evenings and weekends) will sometimes be required.