Legal and Government Affair Manager
- Jakarta, Indonesia
Cermati is a financial technology (fintech) startup based in Indonesia. Cermati simplifies the process of finding and applying for financial product by bringing everything online so people can shop around for financial products online and can apply online without having to physically visit a bank.
Our team hailed from Silicon Valley Tech companies such as Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn and Sofi as well as Indonesian startups such as Doku, Touchten. We have graduates from well known universities such as Universitas Indonesia, ITB, Stanford, University of Washington, Cornell and many others. We are building a company with the same culture of openness, transparency, drive and meritocracy as Silicon Valley companies. Join us in our cause to build a world class fintech company in Indonesia.
- Give initiative, design, execute, and monitor legal compliance activities to comply with regulation.
- Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to comply with OJK regulation
- Manage an organizations policies and objectives involving local, state, and federal government affairs
- Maintains and nurtures relationships with government, regulator, authorities, association, and all committees, legislatively represents and protects company interest
- Leads analysis of proposed regulation actions, determines the potential impact on the organization and develops appropriate responses
- In charge, monitor, and influence regional government regulatory and policy landscape and issues, for the public policy and government relations division
- Attend meetings and events with association, regulator and government agencies.
- Work together with Operations, Corporate Affairs, PR, and Marketing, Legal, and other divisions to ensure company compliance
- Min. bachelor degree or master degree - preferably law or public policy
- Having minimum 3 years of experience in related field
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Possesses high learning, agility, and curiosity
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- Solid political acumen
- Strategic advocacy and communications planning skills
- Experience in the government or public affairs sectors, public policy consultant, law firm or NGO is a plus.