Lead Data Scientist
- West Jakarta, Kebon Jeruk, West Jakarta City, Jakarta, Indonesia
Cermati is a financial technology (fintech) startup based in Indonesia. Cermati simplifies the process of finding and applying for financial product by bringing everything online so people can shop around for financial products online and can apply online without having to physically visit a bank.
Our team hailed from Silicon Valley Tech companies such as Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn and Sofi as well as Indonesian startups such as Doku, Touchten. We have graduates from well known universities such as Universitas Indonesia, ITB, Stanford, University of Washington, Cornell and many others. We are building a company with the same culture of openness, transparency, drive and meritocracy as Silicon Valley companies. Join us in our cause to build a world class fintech company in Indonesia.
- Build, validate, test, and deploy machine learning models (e.g. predictive, forecasting, clustering) using proven and experimental techniques.
- Define hypotheses, develop and execute necessary tests, experiments, and analyses to prove or disprove them
- Provide and communicate insights from data effectively to stakeholders by translate technical language into business/easy to understand language
- Lead a team of data scientists and junior data scientists and provide them with best practices, mentorship, guidance and coaching
- Provide process improvements to users based on insights derived from data
- Help stakeholders make decision to BBB (Buy, Build or Borrow) for anything related to data platform and data infrastructure
- Help source and hire qualified data science into the team.
- Ph.D. graduate, or Masters(with at least 3 years of industry experience related to Data Science), in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering , Operations Research or Mathematics/Statistics
- Understanding of machine learning, deep learning, data mining, algorithmic foundations of optimization.
- Experience with machine learning framework (scikit-learn, Spark MLlib etc)
- Proficient in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, R, Java.
- Experience in building ML models at scale, using real-time big data pipelines on platforms such as Spark/MapReduce .
- Familiar with noSQL, postGIS, stream processing and distributed computing platforms
- Self-motivated, independent learner, and willing to share knowledge with team members
- Detail-oriented and efficient time manager in a dynamic and dynamic working environment