Data Engineer (Freshgraduate, Senior, Principal, Architect Position)
- Central Jakarta, Central Jakarta City, Jakarta, Indonesia
Cermati is a financial technology (fintech) startup based in Indonesia. Cermati simplifies the process of finding and applying for financial product by bringing everything online so people can shop around for financial products online and can apply online without having to physically visit a bank.
Our team hailed from Silicon Valley Tech companies such as Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn and Sofi as well as Indonesian startups such as Doku, Touchten. We have graduates from well known universities such as Universitas Indonesia, ITB, Stanford, University of Washington, Cornell and many others. We are building a company with the same culture of openness, transparency, drive and meritocracy as Silicon Valley companies. Join us in our cause to build a world class fintech company in Indonesia.
- Work with different business and technical teams across the company to establish unified definitions, systems, and data governance for key metrics.
- Build scalable backend solutions for automation of data processing;
- Develop predictive/segmentation models to understand our customers' behavior and convert that to actionables that will drive product/marketing/sales key metrics;
- Initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
The following technical skills would be useful:
- Candidates must be able to understand the tradeoff between performance, simplicity, maintainability and timeline constraints when developing software solutions
- Strong hands on experience in java, python is required. Must have shipped multiple projects with a major hands on contribution to each project.
- Experience in Big data technologies: hadoop ecosystem (mapreduce, spark, kafka)
- Experience in different storage technologies: OLTP like postgres, OLAP like redshift, Google bigquery, NoSQl like redis, hbase, kafka
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms and concepts (gradient descent, logistic regression) and software libraries like pandas, tensorflow, etc