Mobile Engineering Manager - Singapore
Cermati is a financial technology (fintech) startup based in Indonesia. Cermati simplifies the process of finding and applying for financial product by bringing everything online so people can shop around for financial products online and can apply online without having to physically visit a bank.
Our team hailed from Silicon Valley Tech companies such as Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn and Sofi as well as Indonesian startups such as Doku, Touchten. We have graduates from well known universities such as Universitas Indonesia, ITB, Stanford, University of Washington, Cornell and many others. We are building a company with the same culture of openness, transparency, drive and meritocracy as Silicon Valley companies. Join us in our cause to build a world class fintech company in Indonesia.
- Directs the activities of a mobile app development to make sure the mobile engineering team accomplish its objectives within a reasonable timeline and cost with high quality, simple and readable code and incurring minimum number of bugs
- Oversees the analysis, design, delivery, and evolution of our mobile platform. Your team owns the mobile app development from the design phase to development to deployment and maintenance.
- Builds and maintains an effective communication with all stakeholders including executives, product managers, marketing, sales, and customers to accomplish the company objectives.
- Grows the organization through effective hiring, coaching and development of globally distributed team members.
- Provide clear, consistent leadership, management and mentoring for direct reports and the broader technology organization.
- Find things to be improved on the mobile engineering team’s development process, code, libraries, etc.
- Work together with the greater engineering team on building the mobile engineering team OKR and roadmap
- Have at least 5 years experience in iOS development or Android development.
- Have at least 3 years Experience managing a software engineering team
- It’s a big plus if you have both iOS and Android development experience.
- Have experience mentoring the next generation of engineering leaders in an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills. You should know how to prioritize things, break big projects into multiple smaller tasks with their dependencies sorted off, create timeline/milestones, making sure that all possible roadblocks are taken care of.
- Must have Singapore citizenship or permanent residency (we don’t sponsor work visa)