Data Engineer - India
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Cermati is a financial technology (fintech) startup based in Indonesia. Cermati simplifies the process of finding and applying for financial product by bringing everything online so people can shop around for financial products online and can apply online without having to physically visit a bank.
Our team hailed from Silicon Valley Tech companies such as Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn and Sofi as well as Indonesian startups such as Doku, Touchten. We have graduates from well known universities such as Universitas Indonesia, ITB, Stanford, University of Washington, Cornell and many others. We are building a company with the same culture of openness, transparency, drive and meritocracy as Silicon Valley companies. Join us in our cause to build a world class fintech company in Indonesia.
- Contribute to all aspects of the software development lifecycle including design, development, documentation, testing and operations
- Create code that's easy to read
- Work with your team to maintain, improve and clean your code
- Review each other's code and learn the software engineering best practices here
- Deliver good quality code in a reasonable timeline
The following technical skills would be useful:
- Candidate must be able to understand the tradeoff between performance, simplicity, maintainability and timeline constraints when developing software solutions
- Strong hands on experience in java, python is required. Must have shipped multiple projects with a major hands on contribution to each project.
- Experience in Big data technologies: hadoop ecosystem (mapreduce, spark, kafka)
- Experience in different storage technologies: OLTP like postgres, OLAP like redshift, Google bigquery, NoSQl like redis, hbase, kafka
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms and concepts (gradient descent, logistic regression) and software libraries like pandas, tensorflow, etc
- Candidate should be able to design high performance, maintainable, extensible software architectures to solve abstract business problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree (S1) in Computer Science or related field. Or if you don't have a Bachelor's degree, prove to us that you can code at the same level as other software engineer
- High level understanding on how the internet works (HTTP, DNS, IP, Server-client interaction, etc)
Preferred Qualifications (Not required but nice to have):
- Experience building scalable web services
- Experience in coding competitions
- Experience with AWS or other PAAS.
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with basic tooling like git, browser debugging, bash scripting, etc.
- Experience with Search & Personalization or Machine Learning
Impressive Employee Benefits, allowances and Flexible work culture.