Software Engineering Management (Lead)
Cermati is a financial technology (fintech) startup based in Indonesia. Cermati simplifies the process of finding and applying for financial product by bringing everything online so people can shop around for financial products online and can apply online without having to physically visit a bank.
Our team hailed from Silicon Valley Tech companies such as Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn and Sofi as well as Indonesian startups such as Doku, Touchten. We have graduates from well known universities such as Universitas Indonesia, ITB, Stanford, University of Washington, Cornell and many others. We are building a company with the same culture of openness, transparency, drive and meritocracy as Silicon Valley companies. Join us in our cause to build a world class fintech company in Indonesia.
- Lead and mentor junior engineers to develop their skills and grow their careers at Cermati Fintech Group
- Understand Cermati's business and improve cermati's business with the help of your engineering team
- Hire and help the company find new engineering talent
- Responsible for managing, growing your team as well as your team member's promotions, demotions, hiring, firing, etc.
- Ensure that your team is happy, motivated and productive at Cermati Fintech Group
- Work with your team to build features, to maintain old code, improve and clean the code that your team owns
- Contribute to design decision and review each other's code
- Make sure the code that your team owns will be available 24/7 and you're willing to troubleshoot and maintain the services that your team owns
- Work together with product manager to set the feature specs and set the target deadline.
- Drive the projects so you can meet the deadline with your team
- Bachelor’s Degree (S1) in Computer Science or related field. Or if you don't have a Bachelor's degree, prove to us that you can code at the same level as other software engineer
- Has high level understanding on how the internet works (HTTP, DNS, IP, Server-client interaction, etc)
- Experience building scalable web services
- Proven record of good mentorship and leadership in delivering high quality projects
- At least 2 years experience working in a good tech oriented company (or if you don't have it, you can prove to us that you can gain the respect from a team of smart engineers and you can lead them to greatness)
Preferred Qualifications (Not required but nice to have):
- Experience in coding competitions
- Experience with AWS or other PAAS.
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with basic tooling like git, browser debugging, bash scripting, etc.
- Experience with Search & Personalization or Machine Learning