Software Implementation Specialist - Database Applications
- Austin, TX
About Certica Solutions ( www.certicasolutions.com )
Certica Solutions provides performance management solutions to K-12 school districts, giving administrators and educators the ability to easily analyze, track and improve performance through better use of student, school and teacher data. Founded in 2001, Certica counts among its users nearly 600 school districts, charter schools and private schools, as well as a number of educational service agencies nationwide.
Certica Solutions has recently established an office in Austin, Texas as part of its expansion strategy, with a primary focus on client services and product development functions. This position will be based in the Austin, Texas location.
The Software Implementation Specialist will work closely with customers to utilize our K-12 education data management software applications to achieve customer satisfaction and return on investment. This will be accomplished by helping both new and existing customers through the complete customer lifecycle from implementation planning and installation to training and providing ongoing field support, as well as taking an active role in developing new data validation “Rule Libraries” in the Certify software for assigned customers. The Software Implementation Specialist will collaborate with Certica’s product development team to resolve any technical issues, and coordinate with sales and marketing on developing new business opportunities.
The Software Implementation Specialist must have a well-rounded customer-facing background with very strong technical skills and have demonstrated the ability to deliver value added services. He or she must be able to interact with individuals at all levels in our customers’ organizations while taking a hands-on role in application development at the customer level. The Software Implementation Specialist is a thought leader in the organization and leads by example. The successful candidate will be able to get things done in an efficient manner, while working for a small company with limited resources.
The Software Implementation Specialist will have experience with SQL and database management, and will have strong customer service, communication and organizational skills. The Software Implementation Specialist position will report to the Vice President, Client Services and be located in the Austin, Texas area, at Certica’s newest office location.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Customer implementation planning and delivery;
- Consultation with customer on optimal software configuration;
- Software installation and ongoing maintenance of technical environment;
- Train and support end users of the company’s software applications as well as business processes;
- Facilitate customers’ ongoing adoption of the company’s software applications; Create, maintain, and update data mappings from student information systems and Certify data validation “Rule Libraries” based on customer requirements and specifications;
- Solicit feedback and product enhancement ideas from customers;
- Collaborate with others in the client services team in the identification of best practices;
- Participate in various product management activities, such as identifying and reviewing new product features and beta testing;
- Work with customers to define new, innovative solutions to education and data management issues;
- Develop creative solutions to complex problems using readily available technology.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with SQL Server database software applications as an administrator or database manager;
- 5+ years in customer-facing roles with a software company or information technology services firm;
- Excellent knowledge of SQL;
- Strong knowledge of data models is a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A “Type A” personality with a high degree of executive functioning who can manage multiple tasks and projects with flexibility and confidence;
- A customer-focused, self-starter and problem-solver who can make judgments and set priorities based on business strategy and customer urgency;
- Strong willingness to collaborate with colleagues and work on teams;
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus;
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint; MS Project is a plus;
- Experience in the K-12 education sector is a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree required; computer science major is a plus.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits package