Application Support Specialist - Database Applications
- Austin, TX
About Certica Solutions ( www.certicasolutions.com )
Certica Solutions provides performance management solutions to K-12 schools, districts and educational service agencies, giving administrators and educators the ability to easily analyze, track and improve performance through better use of student, school and teacher data. Founded in 2001 as data quality consultants to the US Department of Education, Certica counts among its users over 600 districts, charter networks, charter schools and private schools, as well as a number of educational service agencies nationwide.
Certica Solutions established an office in Austin, Texas in 2012 as part of its expansion strategy, with a primary focus on client services and product development functions. This position is based in the Austin, Texas location.
The Application Support Specialist will take the lead in provisioning, training and enabling users of Certica’s K-12 education data management Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications, and perform extensive database management tasks. The Application Support Specialist will play a key role in a cross-functional team of application developers and customer support professionals to onboard new customers, provide quality assurance, assist customers with user acceptance testing (UAT), and ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
The Application Support Specialist will have experience with SQL and database management, and will have strong customer service, communication and organizational skills. The Application Support Specialist position will report to the Vice President, Client Services and be located in the Austin, Texas area, at Certica’s newest office location.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead the customer SaaS provisioning process, including database connectivity, user setup, UAT and roll-out of application functionality to customers;
- Deliver remote training to school district users of Certica’s applications;
- Collaborate with Certica’s front-line technical support personnel to troubleshoot and resolve issues related to customers’ data, databases and connectivity with the SaaS environment;
- Maintain planning and tracking systems, including schedules, spreadsheets and usage reports;
- Build relationships with customers and ensure their adoption of the applications and satisfaction over time;
- Collaborate with members of Certica’s product development and client services teams;
- Provide input to market requirements and learning content;
- Provide periodic system updates and upgrades;
- Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with database software applications as an administrator or database manager;
- 5+ years in customer-facing roles with a software company or information technology services firm;
- Excellent knowledge of SQL;
- Strong knowledge of data models is a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A “Type A” personality with a high degree of executive functioning who can manage multiple tasks and projects with flexibility and confidence;
- A customer-focused, self-starter and problem-solver who can make judgments and set priorities based on business strategy and customer urgency;
- Strong willingness to collaborate with colleagues and work on teams;
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus;
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint; MS Project is a plus;
- Experience with SaaS is desirable;
- Experience in the K-12 education sector is a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree required; computer science major is a plus.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits package