Telecom Technician III
- Houston, TX
Founded in 2000, Champion Technology Services is a Control Systems Integration company with offices in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Lake Charles LA, Houston TX, Grand Junction CO, Salt Lake City UT and Roosevelt UT. We also have several remote locations in the US. We support a wide range of technologies from remote telemetry and industrial automation to enterprise level plant management systems. Our client base is comprised of various companies from small businesses to multi-national corporations operating within the following areas:
- Oil & Gas
- Pipeline Storage and Transport
- Pulp and Paper
- Water Treatment/Waste Water
We are a rapidly expanding team of professionals looking to continue to provide a world-class service to our client base.
The Telecom Technician assists the technical development of customer projects and performs service calls. The Telecom Technician can perform a number of technical requirements such as Visio drawings, microwave radio repair and provisioning. The Telecom Technician will work closely with technical leaders for daily task assignments and technical guidance.
Primary Job Functions
- Project Fulfillment (Technical)
- Project ownership of applications/projects normally up to $50k.
- Conduct testing of systems, equipment and components as necessary to complete work packages and ensures systems, equipment and components are in operational condition.
- Modifies and maintains Telecom systems including, Alcatel-Lucent, Harris, Exalt, NEC, GE MDS, and tower lighting systems.
- Utilize a variety of hand tools, power tools, measurement and test equipment in the performance of job duties.
- Tests, troubleshoots and provides solutions to technical problems.
- Modifies computer software and programs.
- Design and development of Telecom systems within a team.
- Leads project installation, commissioning, project closure and inspections/reporting.
- Capable of performing the following project tasks.
- Project Kickoff
- System Design / Procurement
- Programming / Configuration
- SAT / Commissioning
- Close-out Documentation
- Project Fulfillment (Customer Service/Quality)
- Contributes to overall compliance and quality of projects.
- Manages time and expenses within allotted project budget.
- Provides project level consultancy and client service.
- Strong communication skills, especially during sensitive situations.
Secondary Job Functions
- Ability to fulfill the role of Telecom Technician II.
- Maintains awareness of future opportunities at customer facilities and informs management.
- Associates’ degree and 4 years of related experience (telecommunications/electronics, or completion of an apprenticeship program such as vocational, trade, commercial or a military program), or a minimum of 6 years of related industrial maintenance or service experience.
- Demonstrated competency in microwave radio maintenance, repair and troubleshooting.
- Sound fundamentals in the use of measuring and testing equipment consistent with scope of work.
- Thorough understanding of electrical equipment operation, electrical equipment maintenance requirements and maintenance restrictions imposed by safety and environmental regulations.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Reliable personal transportation with valid liability insurance.
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Ability to bend, stoop, crawl, walk and push, pull and lift 50+lbs for an extended period.
- Available for after-hours, weekend and holidays.
- Available for overnight and extended travel.
Champion Technology Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to advancing diversity in the workplace. EOE D/F/M/V