- 600 Rinehart Rd, Lake Mary, FL 32746, USA
Welcome to CHARISMA MEDIA, a growing, profitable media company whose mission is to provide diverse resources to inspire Christians to radically change their world. We are looking for team members with the same passion to work with us for global and eternal impact.
We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package, and opportunities for growth in developing your talents, abilities and skill levels. If you share our values and want to be part of this exciting venture, we invite you to send your resume of training and experience.
To provide thorough, timely copyedits for the Book Group as assigned. Complete all stages on assigned copyedits, including copyedit and proofing.
*Applicants who are unable to work from our corporate offices in Lake Mary, Florida will not be considered.
- Agrees with Charisma Media’s vision statement, beliefs, and values as well as those of the Charisma House Book Group.
- Coordinates with editors on transmittal of manuscripts as assigned by the Sr. Copy Editor or VP of Product Development.
- Copyedits products as assigned. Copyedit includes correcting syntax, spelling, grammar, punctuation, fact-checking, and creating and completing endnotes as needed.
- Queries unclear or non-credible passages from manuscripts to appropriate editor.
- Receives first pages from production and forwards to author for corrections/changes—with deadlines for manuscript return from author.
- Reviews proposed manuscript corrections, changes, and queries with appropriate editor.
- Arranges the input of changes approved into the electronic manuscript file.
- Arranges final proofing of assigned projects as scheduled.
- Provides quality control for legal and doctrinal issues, content consistency, and accuracy.
- Performs copyediting on marketing pieces as requested.
- Performs reviews of manuscripts for e-books and communicates changes needed to Book Production.
- Assists senior copy editor with reprints as needed.
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Charisma Media.
Excellent planning and communications skills, ability to handle numerous projects at one time, accurate and efficient, detail oriented, excellent grammar skills, ability to take direction, good eye for consistency in layout, ability to type 50 words per minute, proficient in Word, Excel, PC operations, and Internet, some knowledge of InDesign and MAC operations desirable
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required: bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or related area of study; at least three years’ experience in the editing process of books; familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style
- Preferred: familiarity with charismatic/Pentecostal markets
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.