- 600 Rinehart Rd, Lake Mary, FL 32746, USA
Welcome to CHARISMA MEDIA, a growing, profitable media company whose mission is to provide diverse resources to inspire Christians to radically change their world. We are looking for team members with the same passion to work with us for global and eternal impact.
We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package, and opportunities for growth in developing your talents, abilities and skill levels. If you share our values and want to be part of this exciting venture, we invite you to send your resume of training and experience.
Charisma Media’s Content Development department is looking for an Associate Editor to produce and oversee editorial content for its award-winning print and online vehicles. The associate editor must possess a variety of skills suited for today’s digital media environment, while also having proven experience that can translate to taking a print magazine from concept to page. On any given day, the associate editor could go from recording a vlog, to rewriting a feature story, to connecting with readers via social networks, to trimming copy on a designed layout. An ideal candidate for this position would not only possess a keen eye for detail and a creative spirit, but would also have a thorough knowledge and familiarity with the charismatic/Pentecostal market.
*This is an in-house position in our Lake Mary, Florida corporate office.
- Edit stories for print and digital issues of Charisma magazine and Charisma-related supplementary products.
- Assign stories and work with writers to meet monthly deadlines.
- Work with editor and design director to produce visually appealing layouts.
- Create catchy headlines, subheads and teaser copy for articles.
- Write additional content (feature stories, captions, sidebars, etc.) when needed.
- Grow and manage a pool of exceptional, reliable freelance writers.
- Create, edit and produce content for e-newsletters.
- Oversee a blog, vlog and/or social media channel.
- Help online editor create special online packages for stories.
- Communicate regularly with online communities through multiple channels (blogs, social media, forums, etc.)
- Meet with editorial team weekly to discuss article plans and to offer ideas and editorial direction.
- Gather new story ideas, queries and freelance pitches, and present these at editorial meetings for upcoming issues (or communicate regularly with Editor regarding new story ideas).
- Network with leaders within Christian community (particularly charismatic-Pentecostal segment).
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in journalism or a related major
- At least three years of experience and/or training in magazine/publishing industry
- Thorough knowledge and familiarity with charismatic-Pentecostal community
- Though not essential, experience in website development and social media a major plus
- Good design sense and ability to write intriguing, clever headlines
- Thorough knowledge of Associated Press style guidelines
- Proficient in Office, InDesign and content management systems (working knowledge of HTML a plus)
- Can communicate effectively via blogs, videos, podcasts, etc.
- Can connect with readers and represent Charisma in a professional yet personable fashion, whether in a live or online setting
- Ability to handle numerous projects at one time and temperament to take direction and constructive criticism
- Can learn quickly, define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.