Director of Sales
- 600 Rinehart Rd, Lake Mary, FL 32746, USA
CHARISMA MEDIA is a growing, profitable multi-media company whose mission is to inspire people to encounter the power of the Holy Spirit. We are looking for team members with the same passion to work with us for global and eternal impact.
We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package, and opportunities for growth in developing your talents, abilities and skill levels.
If you share our *beliefs and values and want to be part of this exciting venture, we invite you to send your resume of training and experience.
*Beliefs and Values:
- We will honor God in all we do, embracing the Bible as our standard.
- We will be a unifying agent among denominations, racial, ethnic and cultural groups within the body of Christ.
- We will provide leadership by example on standards of integrity in business relationships and activities.
- We will be a healthy business that will grow and is profitable
- We will provide our people an opportunity for professional and personal growth, expecting them to be loyal to the Company and diligent in their jobs.
- We will go the second mile and demonstrate a can-do attitude in our relationships with customers, authors, suppliers and one another.
The Director of Sales provides the leadership necessary for Charisma House to exceed its monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets. Leading our sales and customer service teams, the Director of Sales must sell at a high level to accounts.
The Director of Sales has excellent managerial and analytical skills, they drive revenue and “close the sale” regularly at a high level where it matters most, and they possess a strong entrepreneurial business sense in order to uncover and develop business opportunities for our products and content line in order to drive the business. They have a strong working knowledge of our extensive product line, author base, systems within the publishing company, and our supply chain. They thrive on results, personally exceeding financial goals and objectives for the business, while inspiring those around them to achieve their goals in the midst of a rapidly changing environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exceed monthly / quarterly and annual revenue budget.
- Committed and focused to personally driving revenue with our printed book product line, digital marketing products and all revenue generating in our portfolio and ministry channels. This includes in-person sales visits when needed, along with the implementation of promotional strategies and working with our marketing team as needed, to support the publishing goals for specific titles.
- Create and have vision for new opportunities that will drive revenue.
- Oversee and direct all sales efforts for Charisma Media in existing and potential channels.
- Identify market trends and changes and provide leadership that would assist sales growth in accordance with those changes and trends.
- Capable to prospect and make consistent sales through telephone.
- Competent in B2B and B2C sales
- Able to lead and coach by doing while managing a list.
- Represent sales functions at all meetings as required. Provide daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports and updates on the status of various projects to the EVP.
- Provide sales strategies and budgetary estimates for all products as needed. Responsible to provide input on strategic direction and final decisions and plans for all Charisma Media sales efforts.
- Develop annual sales budget, and demonstrate competence in financial statements.
- Build the sales and customer service team into a top performing cohesive unit striving for improved sales results, effectiveness, brand leadership and profitability. Monitor and administer the mentoring program and other efforts to ensure the personal and professional growth of the sales and customer service team.
- Improve the impact of our sales efforts by reviewing effectiveness and constantly testing new ideas, concepts etc. that will increase results of our sales efforts against outlined benchmarks.
- Identify and produce and implement department strategies to ensure an effective, timely and orderly workflow designed to increase our sales.
- Work with Product Development and Marketing teams in the author acquisition process in order to ensure maximum sales potential of products in the marketplace.
- Comply with manufacturing, sales and product development deadlines that require sales feedback and input.
- Work with the Marketing Department to achieve sales goals, provide sales tools and presentation materials. Assist in the growth of territories and accounts according to established goals. Understand, assist and uncover all target channels we can sell to and cross sell to and then understand and exploit the most productive ways to reach our audiences--developing and working out our integrated sales plan.
- Solve all problems associated with any and all under-performing sales areas of the publishing unit. As problems are identified the Director of Sales will notify the EVP, identifying what is being done to meet the challenge and solve the problem as quickly as possible.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge and understanding of the market Charisma Media serves, while understanding and embracing the mission of Charisma Media.
- Must possess strong verbal and written skills
- Abide by all policies and procedures of Charisma Media.
- Agree to the requirement of 20% travel to the marketplace.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or MBA in business/marketing, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in high-level sales, personally calling on major key customers, with a proven track record of business growth and success.
- Minimum 3 years of sales leadership experience, leading a sales team or business unit with a proven track record of results and revenue growth.
- Understanding of print and digital book business, wholesale/retail, supply chain and online and magazine direct sales.
- Knowledge of the Christian book publishing market is preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.