Online Associate Editor
- 600 Rinehart Rd, Lake Mary, FL 32746, USA
CHARISMA MEDIA is a growing, profitable multi-media company whose mission is to inspire people to encounter the power of the Holy Spirit. We are looking for team members with the same passion to work with us for global and eternal impact.
We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package, and opportunities for growth in developing your talents, abilities and skill levels.
If you share our *beliefs and values and want to be part of this exciting venture, we invite you to send your resume of training and experience.
*Beliefs and Values:
- We will honor God in all we do, embracing the Bible as our standard.
- We will be a unifying agent among denominations, racial, ethnic and cultural groups within the body of Christ.
- We will provide leadership by example on standards of integrity in business relationships and activities.
- We will be a healthy business that will grow and is profitable
- We will provide our people an opportunity for professional and personal growth, expecting them to be loyal to the Company and diligent in their jobs.
- We will go the second mile and demonstrate a can-do attitude in our relationships with customers, authors, suppliers and one another.
The Associate Editor may work in a variety of formats to provide content in line with Charisma Media’s vision and mission. This may include any of our magazines, e-newsletters, Charisma Podcast Network shows or other brands. The Associate Editor is expected to write news and features, to edit, proof, and promote our content via social media.
This is a full time, in house position, located in our corporate office in Lake Mary, FL
- Write and edit news, reviews, stories and features
- Write and edit online news and stories
- Proofread as assigned
- Write, appear on and potentially produce podcasts
- Assist with social media postings as assigned
- Moderate social media as assigned
- Network with leaders in the Christian community, particularly charismatics/Pentecostals
- Abide by all policies and procedures of Charisma Media
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (preferably in Journalism, English, Marketing, Public Relations or Communications
- Experience in writing and editing
- Experience in audio and/or video production a plus
- Knows how to use Word, Excel (or equivalent) and Google applications
- Experience using InDesign and content management systems such as Joomla a plus
- Can communicate effectively and professionally with readers, freelancers, supervisors, etc.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Must have working knowledge of the Charismatic/ Pentecostal market we serve.
- Ability to type 50 words per minute
- Eye for detail
- Ability to recognize and correct textual anomalies, especially plagiarism
- Excellent grammar and punctuation skills
- Knowledge of Associated Press style
- Can calculate figures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn Joomla content management system
- Able to handle numerous projects at one time
- Has the temperament to take direction and constructive criticism
- Ability to initiate and sustain relationships with colleagues, outside writers and supervisors
- Able to define problems and offer solutions
- Ability to connect well with online communities
- Ability to write news and feature stories
- Ability to write headlines that pique users' interest and drive traffic
- Temperament to represent Charisma Media in a professional, yet personable manner
- Must be attuned to the vision and values of the Company
Normal office environment. Ability to maintain mental concentration, focus and alertness for extended periods of time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.