- 600 Rinehart Rd, Lake Mary, FL 32746, USA
CHARISMA MEDIA is a growing, profitable multi-media company whose mission is to inspire people to encounter the power of the Holy Spirit. We are looking for team members with the same passion to work with us for global and eternal impact. We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package, and opportunities for growth in developing your talents, abilities and skill levels.
Detailed individual who will provide accurate, thorough and timely copy edits, including proofreading, for print and online brands. The copy editor will be flexible, shifting between copy editing to writing a news story to promoting the latest content via social media. Assists with a variety of websites and online platforms. The copy editor will also serve as an administrative help to the department, and will participate in the rotating “On Call” weekend news response schedule.
This is a full time, in house position, located in our corporate office in Lake Mary, FL.
- Copy edit Charisma Media content (print/online) as assigned, correcting syntax, spelling, grammar and punctuation; checking Scripture; verifying sources and documentation; and checking names
- Review proposed corrections, changes and queries with the appropriate editor
- Archive and maintain photos for in-house image database
- Assist with social media postings as assigned
- Assist with embedding podcast articles
- Assist with editing print version of magazines
- Maintain the Charisma Media Style Guide in conjunction with the Managing Editor
- Abide by all policies and procedures of Charisma Media
- Participate in the rotating “On Call” weekend news response schedule; must have computer and internet access for weekends “On Call.”
- Must be attuned to the vision and values of the Company
- Familiarity with the charismatic-Pentecostal market desirable
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (preferably in Journalism, English, Marketing, Public Relations or Communications)
- Experience in writing and editing
- Experienced in Microsoft Word, Excel (or equivalent) and Google applications
- Experience using InDesign and content management systems like Joomla, WordPress, Unsplash, Pixlr, etc.
- Can communicate effectively and professionally with readers, freelancers, agents, etc.
- Possesses good negotiation skills
- Detail-oriented at high level of accuracy
- Ability to type 50 words per minute
- Experienced in quickly recognizing and correcting text errors, style errors, grammar errors, and quickly correcting all
- Excellent grammar skills: spelling, punctuation, syntax, style, exceptions
- Experienced with working knowledge of Associated Press style (knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style a plus)
- Working knowledge of clean, incisive, coherent communication to readership to accomplish primary goal of getting message to them where they are most capable of comprehending
- Can calculate figures
- Can handle numerous projects at one time
- Able to receive direction and constructive criticism and apply guidance promptly
- Ability to initiate and sustain relationships with colleagues and other writers
- Able to define problems and offer solutions
- Ability to connect well with online communities
- Ability to write news stories
- Ability to write headlines that pique users' interest and drive traffic
- Represents Charisma Media in a professional and personable manner
Monday - Friday 8:30 to 5:30 with option to work from home on Wednesdays after 60 days of employment.
Contact us directly to get specific salary information for this position. You can reach our Staffing Coordinator by telephone at 407-333-0600, extension 1404.
Noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Close quarter work workstations. Open area with multiple departments. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.