CHARISMA MEDIA is a growing, profitable multi-media company whose mission is to inspire people to encounter the power of the Holy Spirit. We are looking for team members with the same passion to work with us for global and eternal impact.
We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package, and opportunities for growth in developing your talents, abilities and skill levels.
If you share our *beliefs and values and want to be part of this exciting venture, we invite you to send your resume of training and experience.
*Beliefs and Values:
- We will honor God in all we do, embracing the Bible as our standard.
- We will be a unifying agent among denominations, racial, ethnic and cultural groups within the body of Christ.
- We will provide leadership by example on standards of integrity in business relationships and activities.
- We will be a healthy business that will grow and is profitable
- We will provide our people an opportunity for professional and personal growth, expecting them to be loyal to the Company and diligent in their jobs.
- We will go the second mile and demonstrate a can-do attitude in our relationships with customers, authors, suppliers and one another.
To provide editorial assistance to the Content Development department and proactively support the VP in the management of time, projects, and priorities. Requires attention to detail as well as strong skills in organization, communication, and computer proficiency. Qualified candidates will have the ability to work well with team members and professionally interface with other departments, executive staff, and authors.
- Applies pre-edit formatting to manuscripts.
- Checks all Scripture quotations in manuscripts for accuracy.
- Researches additional endnote source documentation for manuscripts as needed.
- Checks proofreading corrections for accuracy as needed.
- Handles Cataloging in Publication application process via the Library of Congress.
- Files copyright registrations with the US Copyright Office and facilitates permission requests.
- Provides information for product tip sheets as requested by marketing department.
- Submits job tickets for print, audio, and ebook covers to design department.
- Acts as point of contact on behalf of VP with key personnel, authors, agents, and other outside contacts, providing specific assistance and follow through on projects as requested by VP in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Assists in researching and preparing proposals and reports for acquisitions meetings.
- Assists VP in organization and administrative needs such as mailings, copies, and filing.
- Manages VP’s calendar and travel arrangements and prepares expense reports after trips.
- Records minutes in any meetings as deemed necessary by VP.
- Maintains author contacts and database.
- Tracks department attendance and orders office supplies.
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Charisma Media.
- Agrees with Charisma Media’s mission statement, vision, beliefs, and values.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of two years of administrative assistant experience required; interest in book publishing and familiarity with Charisma House core audience and products desirable.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALITIES
Strong organization and communication skills are needed, along with the ability to think analytically; ability to type 40 words per minute; proficient in use of MS Office, internet, and email; ability to multitask, initiate projects, and find more efficient ways of performing duties; ability to respect the need for editors to focus, and to perform job requirements quietly and efficiently.
The work environment is a normal professional office setting. Although very fast paced, it is pleasant environment, which includes cordial relationships. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.