- Suite 430
The Chicago Architecture Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing public interest and education in architecture and design. The Chicago Architecture Foundation presents a comprehensive program of tours, exhibitions, lectures, special events, and adult and youth education activities, all designed to enhance the public’s awareness and appreciation of Chicago’s outstanding architectural legacy.
Position Title: Office Administrator
Classification: Full time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Human Resources & Office Manager
Working Relationships: General public; CAF staff, members, docents, and volunteers; Building management
Description: The Office Administrator provides a variety of office and reception services to CAF staff and visitors. Ensures that CAF’s spaces and equipment are well-maintained. Implements efficient office procedures and educates staff on usage of office equipment and spaces.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Recommend office procedures and assist in training staff on office processes and equipment. Interact with staff to resolve procedural issues.
- Ensure that office equipment (i.e. copiers, fax machines, and telephones) is operational and serviced per schedule. Arrange for service/repair as needed.
- Coordinate the usage of office space and assist with preparations for meetings and special events. Act as liaison with building management/staff for special set-ups.
- Welcome visitors to the CAF administrative office and notify staff of their arrival.
- Answer incoming calls and route callers to the appropriate party.
- Monitor incoming e-mails and route inquiries to the appropriate party.
- Maintain general office supplies and coordinate special orders on a periodic basis.
- Maintain CAF materials for distribution to general public and visitors.
- Respond to facility maintenance and repair requests, routing inquiries to building management and/or external vendors. Coordinate maintenance visits for carpet cleaning, HVAC, and other facility-related issues.
- Manage facility rentals and coordinate logistics with building management, security, and janitorial crew.
- Process outgoing mail and packages for CAF staff through USPS, FedEx, UPS, or messenger services. Receive incoming mail and route to the appropriate staff members.
- Maintain supply of office and cubicle keys; order new keys and building access cards as needed.
- Assist with coordinating trainings, interviews, and other meetings as needed.
- Assist with on-boarding new staff including office/desk set-up, ordering keys, and coordinating other logistics.
- Assist HR/Office Manager with special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirement
- Minimum 2 years of college required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, or related field strongly preferred.
- 2-4 years of customer service, administrative, or office experience
- Experience in an office setting strongly preferred
Skills and Attributes
- High level of customer service with the ability to work in a team environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve using available resources with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift and move up to 30 pounds
- Proficiency in office productivity software such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required; preferred typing speed of at least 60 wpm with high accuracy
- Proficiency in internet usage, including web-based information systems; ability to learn and adapt to new systems
General office hours are 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday. Position may require some overtime as needed.
Chicago Architecture Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.