Tour Operations Coordinator
- Chicago, IL
The Chicago Architecture Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing public interest and education in architecture and design. The Chicago Architecture Foundation presents a comprehensive program of tours, exhibitions, lectures, special events, and adult and youth education activities, all designed to enhance the public’s awareness and appreciation of Chicago’s outstanding architectural legacy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage public tour schedule in Patron's Edge and Ticketmaster, both through creation of events at the beginning of the tour season, as well as by continued management of existing events throughout the season. On a weekly basis, work with Volunteer Coordinator, Tour Operations Manager, Guest Relations Supervisor to adjust schedule to reflect current sales and docent availability.
- Manage Tour and membership information in Patron's edge to reflect all changes to name, description, and other various attributes of tours and memberships. Maintain membership benefits and promotional packages in Patron's Edge as needed.
- Administer tour and field trip contracts including issuing/mailing contracts, monitoring payment due dates, processing payments, contacting clients regarding pending payments, responding to client requests for contract information
- Report on and reconcile daily and weekly revenue for Tour Operations department and online sales through Patron's Edge. Reconcile Box Office and online membership sales on a weekly basis. Create daily, weekly, and monthly summaries of Tour Operations Revenue for use by Tour Operations and Finance departments
- Proofing tour contracts to ensure accuracy and prepare and proof group tour contracts to be transmitted to our boat partner on a weekly basis.
- Manage ticketing databases and prepare reports on a regular and as-needed basis.
- Manage inventory of AIC and CTA passes
- Reconcile invoices from third party vendors including the bus company and sites included on our tours
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to ensure accurate scheduling of docents for field trips, public tours, and private tours.
- Run and reconcile daily cash drawer reports for back of the house and online ticket sales
- Manage the daily operations of the Group Tour System (GTS) audio assist devices and self-guided devices, including on-going equipment maintenance, monthly reporting, creation of invoices, and training for docents and VSV
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to work 5 days per week, Sunday through Thursday, 9am to 5pm
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and manage time
- Ability to work successfully in team environments
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical skills including Microsoft Office Suite, web-based programs, and databases
Education and Experience Requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management or Hospitality
- 2-4 years of customer service experience required
- Prior Accounts Receivable and Database reporting is preferred
- Experience utilizing ticketing systems
- Experience with contract management
Chicago Architecture Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.