Assistant Visual Merchandise and Retail Manager
- Chicago, IL
The Chicago Architecture Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing public interest and education in architecture and design. The Chicago Architecture Foundation presents a comprehensive program of tours, exhibitions, lectures, special events, and adult and youth education activities, all designed to enhance the public’s awareness and appreciation of Chicago’s outstanding architectural legacy.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- 85% of work day is on sales floor working with staff and attending customers.
- Responsible for the restocking and visual presentation of the store.
- Accurately make cash change and early deposits as needed
- Open and close the store as scheduled strictly adhering to established procedures and guidelines
- Accurately count banks and prepare cash drawers at opening.
- Supervise the sales staff and assist with customer service issues
- Assign selling floor zones, register terminals, and lunch breaks to staff
- Ensure staff is following store policies including proper attire and wearing nametags
- Ensure the store has sufficient supplies for business day i.e. gift boxes and merchandise bags
- Ensure the store is ready for customers i.e. assign dusting and cleaning tasks
- Check that the product shelves, tables, and cases are full, neat, and clean
- Assist the Retail Operations Manager with sales, register and procedure training for the staff
- Oversee and assist all warehouse operations ( shipping, receiving is completed in a timely manner)
- Work with the Store Manager and buyers regarding customer special orders
- Monitor the hold area for proper forms and clear out the expired holds daily
- Work with jewelry buyer on case presentation, bio cards and information
- Assist in all areas of the annual physical inventory
- Set goals & assignments for the staff and communicate daily, weekly and monthly sales goals for the store
- Accurately close down the registers and print out the final reports
- Responsible for securing the store and the office safe at the end of the day
- Communicate all issues in writing for the next day opening manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Attributes
- Team oriented personality
- Proven leadership skills
- Outgoing personality
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely and profession manner
- Strong customers service skills
- Available to work a flexible 32.00 to 40 hour work week
- Able to lift and move 40 pounds
- Able to stand and walk the sales floor for an 8 hour work shift
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and retail computer systems
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of retail experience
- Minimum of 2 years of retail management
Chicago Architecture Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.