Associate, Donor Relations & Special Events
- Suite 430
The Chicago Architecture Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing public interest and education in architecture and design. The Chicago Architecture Foundation presents a comprehensive program of tours, exhibitions, lectures, special events, and adult and youth education activities, all designed to enhance the public’s awareness and appreciation of Chicago’s outstanding architectural legacy.
Position Summary: Responsible for execution of donor cultivation and stewardship activities including special events and donor communications (mailings, web updates, correspondence, etc.). Provide administrative support to Vice President and Institutional Advancement team as necessary. Associate must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings.
Reports to: Vice President of Institutional Advancement
Working Relationships: Works with exhibition, program, education, tours, marketing and finance departments to assemble and maintain relevant information pertaining to donor stewardship activities and communications. Interacts with CAF’s external publics including program participants, donors, trustees, auxiliary board members, etc. as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- With VP and Manager of Individual Giving, plan and execute annual special event plan for all individual constituent groups including: Auxiliary Board, $250 - $1,499 donors, Burnham Society
- Assist with execution of Annual Gala
- Assist with execution of Annual Patron of the Year Awards
- Assist with execution of Auxiliary Board Annual River Cruise
- Assist Director of Corporate Relations with Corporate Partner stewardship events
- Assist Executive Assistant to the President & CEO with Board of Trustee events
- Implement pre and post event strategies including but not limited to: speaker talking points, pre-event briefings for President & CEO, Vice President and others as necessary, post event notes and actions, speaker and/or host thank you’s, etc.
- Maintain Institutional Advancement calendar: coordinating all activity including solicitations, invitations, events, marketing copy due dates, web updates, e-mail communications, etc.
- Provide administrative support for members of Institutional Advancement department as necessary including but not limited to: purchasing, web updates, acknowledgement letters and other mailings
Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be a self-starter and creative thinker
- Excellent communication skills, including superior grammar and writing skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Strong desire and motivation to see CAF’s initiatives succeed
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Raisers Edge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- 1 – 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in a not for profit setting a plus
Chicago Architecture Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.