Development Special Events Intern
- Chicago, IL
The Chicago Architecture Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing public interest and education in architecture and design. The Chicago Architecture Foundation presents a comprehensive program of tours, exhibitions, lectures, special events, and adult and youth education activities, all designed to enhance the public’s awareness and appreciation of Chicago’s outstanding architectural legacy.
Work with the Donor Relations and Special Events Associate and Development department in the summer of 2014 to execute events for the Chicago Architecture Foundation. This internship will primarily focus on the annual CAF Auxiliary Board river cruise fundraiser. This internship will afford the opportunity to attend Board committee meetings; work with donors; negotiate and finalize contracts; promote ticket sales and secure sponsorships; create promotional signage. Working with IT intern will be responsible for updating event content of CAF’s webpage; and manage volunteers for the event.
Candidates must be available to work 2 days a week Monday through Friday from 9:30a-5p at the CAF offices, there is some flexibility with scheduling. Some evening work may be required the week of the event. This is a ten week unpaid internship.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Candidates must be extremely organized and deadline driven
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, and a desire to learn more about the mission of CAF and its constituent groups
- Ability to lift objects up to 35 lbs
- Previous experience using Raiser’s Edge software preferred
- An interest in architecture and cultural events preferred
Chicago Architecture Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.