Call Center Agent
- Chicago, IL
For over 100 years, the Lighthouse has been a national trendsetter in offering far-reaching programs that have opened the doors of opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Adhere to the Privacy Act as it relates to the confidentiality of information released;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the Illinois Tollway regulations and policies as they apply;
- Provide knowledgeable responses to telephone inquiries in a courteous and professional manner;
- Maintain a current understanding of the processing procedures to respond to numerous phone inquiries;
- Credit card payments requested in a phone transaction will be immediately processed while speaking with the customer. Processing will be accomplished using a Tollway application that connects to the credit card processor. Any payment by phone must be posted to the account immediately, assuming it settles and is not rejected. All payments and adjustments must be posted to customers’ accounts in accordance with procedures for each of the I-PASS and Violation Enforcement System databases;
- Respond to telephone inquiries within the set departmental staffing and time parameters;
- Processing applications on the phone; maintain appropriate documentation of phone inquiries;
- Report problems that occur and assist with the resolution, continually looking for and suggesting process improvements, which will benefit Tollway customers;
- Opening, splitting, and closing customer accounts; Outbound calls will be required to violators, car rental agencies, and (possibly) to update accounts, launch campaigns, or for some other operational need by the Tollway;
- Activating retail-purchased transponders; replacing transponders; redeeming gift cards;
- Updating customer account information including address updates received from the Post Office and EXCEL updates received from the Tollway;
- Perform data entry for approximately 36,500 EXCEL customer accounts annually.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to organize simultaneous tasks.
- Must be able to speak English clearly and professionally;
- Must be able to work with a database and navigate through a windows environment required;
- Must be able to type a minimum of 25 words per minute with
90 – 95% accuracy;
- Must have working knowledge of basic math skills;
- Data entry experience preferred;
- Must be able to work flexible work schedule to include days, nights, weekends, and holidays;
- Ability to effectively work within established contractual turnaround times;
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team is required;
- Will be required to complete program update training, as warranted, and successfully implement that knowledge in day to day operations;
- Commitment to our mission of providing opportunities for people who are visually impaired, blind, deaf-blind, or blind with additional disabilities is essential.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.