Quality Control Technician
- New Berlin, NY
If you want a career with limitless opportunities in a fast-paced environment, outstanding co-workers, and a chance to make a difference, then look no further. A position with Chobani will provide just that!
Chobani is an authentically strained yogurt that’s rich in protein and ultra creamy. In fact, it’s so good, it’s quickly become America’s #1 yogurt and has now made its way to markets in several other countries.
But Chobani is much more than a company and a career with us is much more than a job. It’s like a family. Members of “Team CHO” are in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing business with an exciting future. As key team players in company success, employees have an opportunity to impact profitability, which can also impact total compensation, including the benefit plans offered.
We’re growing quickly and looking to find individuals excited to be a part of the journey. Join us!
Perform laboratory/quality functions by testing, collecting data, and analyzing findings on raw materials and finished goods. Comply with FDA, USDA, and GMP policies. Carry out special projects as needed. Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of Quality, Service, and Cost objectives. Comply with all standard operating procedures and requirements under the Quality System.
Prepare in-process and finished product samples
- Perform analytical testing using instrumental and wet chemistry procedure
- Enter and report data using established a Laboratory Procedures.
- Troubleshoot and perform basic maintenance for lab instrumentation.
- Analyze incoming ingredients, blends, and finished product to meet specifications.
- Perform microbiological analysis on finished product, incoming ingredients and environmental swabbing.
- Collect samples for micro forced life and shelf-life samples.
- Monitor and inspect production lines to ensure that quality and package integrity are within specifications.
- Complete all documentation associated with quality checks and QC daily reports.
- Ability to research historical data when required and report findings.
- Place raw materials and finished product on hold.
- Monitor sorting of hold product as needed.
- Monitor all quality checks performed by production.
- Set up analytical equipment and perform required daily calibrations.
- Prepare standard solutions and reagents as required.
- Utilize proper chemical handling procedures.
- Maintain laboratory supply inventory.
- Maintain equipment and area cleanliness to ensure compliance with all GMP standards.
- Assist processing and production as required.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
Requirements (General): Candidate should be team oriented, organized, possess good listening skills, and able to work independently with self-motivation and direction. Attendance and punctuality are a must. Must be willing to work any shift and be flexible to overtime as needed.
Requirements (Technical): Candidate should be familiar with operating standard lab equipment (i.e., pH meter, balances and spectrophotometer). Prior experience with advanced analytical techniques (GC, HPLC) is ideal but not mandatory. Working knowledge of cGMP, FDA, and other regulatory requirements helpful. Familiarity with current commercial software applications (Excel, Word) is helpful Position requires the ability to lift 40 pounds and be on your feet for extended periods of time.
Working Conditions: Majority of work is performed in the lab and on the production floor with extended periods of standing. Work involves exposure to temperature extremes, high noise levels, wetness, heights, dust, moving equipment, vibrations and vapors.
Equipment Used: Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to safety glasses, steel-toed shoes and hearing protection. Common laboratory equipment, including but not limited to, electronic balances, colorimeters, torque testers, autoclaves, fume hoods, pH meters, autotitrators, spectrophotometers, distillation equipment, density meters, turbidimeters, refractometers, water baths, calcium meters, stirrers, centrifuges, ovens, vacuum pumps, timers, micro colony counters, BacT/Alert equipment, ATP swabbing equipment, and incubators. In addition, personal computers with associated software and common office equipment are used
Minimum Qualifications include: College degree in a related Science field such as Chemistry or Biology with a minimum of 2 years wet chemistry experience preferred or equivelant experience. Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software applications. Familiarity with Windows based programs. Ability to perform basic laboratory skills in a safe manner. Familiarity with basic lab equipment and glassware. Ability to understand, record and communicate technical data. Ability to work independently or in a group with minimal supervision. Ability to detect color changes in chemical testing. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds. Ability to work 12 hour shifts or other work schedules as determined by business need, including overtime as required. Must be certified on the training plan for this position within six months of start date.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally.