- unknown, Memphis, TN
Christ Community Health Services has focused on fulfilling the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of the poor, the uninsured and the homeless in Memphis since 1995. Through our strategically placed health care centers and outreach programs, we provide high-quality health care and other services to thousands of patients, caregivers, students and families each year. Our goal is to go where the need is greatest to provide quality services in the name of Jesus Christ.
Position Available: HR Specialist Posting Period: 10/29 – 11/6/2012
Location: Central Administration Building Minimum Starting Salary: $13.58 -$19.01
Reports to: HR Director
Specific Functions of Job:
- Providing all administrative functions within the Department of Human Resources to include but not limited to such things as managing the job posting process; coordinating new hires, promotions and terminations; maintaining confidential personnel files; responding to outside agency requests such as employment verifications and unemployment notices and benefit enrollments.
2. Accurately maintains all personnel data into HRIS system and produces and create reports as needed.
3. Provides employees and managers with timely and accurate responses to HR questions and issues.
4. Manages time and establishes systems to assign priority to multiple projects and deadlines.
5. Understands and prepares confidential administration and regulatory reports for such things as annual
EEO-1 reports, unemployment files, worker's compensation and Family Medical Leave Tracking.
6. May perform other duties as required.
Education: Associate’s degree in related field.
Experience: Two to four years experience in the human resources area or business management; working knowledge of HR principles, customs, and practices; effective oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills. Strong computer skills. Very disciplined to accomplish tasks by deadlines and organized to maintain accurate records.
Level 1 – Requires some concentration and normal attention. Generally, once the job is learned, the tasks can be performed more or less automatically.
X Level 2 – Requires high periods of concentration intermittently and normal attention. Generally, even once the job is learned, tasks will require normal attention to deal with recurring variables.
Level 3 – Requires a high level of concentration and high level of attention intermittently. Generally, the approach to tasks may be consistent, but the number of steps required and/or the number of variables involved creates the possibility of errors unless the incumbent pays close attention.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Approximate percentage of time spent lifting, pulling and/or pushing: 5%
Maximum number of pounds required (with or without assistance): Under 25 lbs.
Types of objects the incumbent is required to l ift/pull/push: Files and office supplies
Machines, Equipment, Tools Approximate % of Time Degree of Hand:Eye Coordination Required
- Computer 90% Normal
- Copier/fax Normal
3. Telephone Normal
4. ID badge maker Normal
5. Calculator Normal
6. File Cabinets Normal
Typical office environment