- Memphis, TN
Christ Community Health Services has focused on fulfilling the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of the poor, the uninsured and the homeless in Memphis since 1995. Through our strategically placed health care centers and outreach programs, we provide high-quality health care and other services to thousands of patients, caregivers, students and families each year. Our goal is to go where the need is greatest to provide quality services in the name of Jesus Christ.
Position Available: Referral Clerk (Bilingual preferred but ot required) Evenings & Weekends
Posting Period: 01/18-29/2013
Location: University Family Health Center Pay Range: $9.93 - $13.90 hourly
Reports to: Office Manager FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Schedules appointments and obtains pre-certification and authorizations, as required, for all patients for specialty consultations and outpatient tests: maintains Referral Tracking System.
Specific Functions of Job:
- Schedules appointments and notifies patients by mail or phone of scheduled appointments including place, date, and time of appointments. Locates proper specialist and diagnostic facilities.
- Obtains pre-certification numbers and authorizations for all referrals that require pre-certification numbers and/or authorizations including, not limited to obstetrical care.
- Obtains reports from patient testing. Tracks normal and abnormal pap smears and mammograms.
- Screens patients under Tennessee Breast Income Guidelines and obtains proper demographics.
- Enters all referrals scheduled and completed in the Referral Tracking System, keeps abreast of all pending referrals and schedules in a timely manner. Files referrals in appropriate section of patient file.
- Prepares and maintains required reports, records and files; faxes referrals and records.
- Follows up on all referrals, including pending and rescheduled referrals.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Six to 12 months experience in a medical seeting including computer and data entry experience.
Licenses or Certifications: Certified Medical Office Professional, Certified Medical Billing & Coding Specialist, Certified Medical Assistant.
Level 1 – Requires some concentration and normal attention. Generally, once the job is learned, the tasks can be performed more or less automatically.
Level 2 – Requires high periods of concentration intermittently and normal attention. Generally, even once the job is learned, tasks will require normal attention to deal with recurring variables.
X Level 3 – Requires a high level of concentration and high level of attention intermittently. Generally, the approach to tasks may be consistent, but the number of steps required and/or the number of variables involved creates the possibility of errors unless the incumbent pays close attention.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Sitting 60% Data entry, scheduling appointments
Standing 10% Filing
Walking 30% Copying, faxiing
Machines and Equipment used
Machines, Equipment, Tools Approximate % of Time Degree of Hand:Eye Coordination Required
- Telephone 50% Normal
2. Computer 100% Normal
3. Fax 100% Normal
3. Photocopier 100% Normal
Approximate percentage of time incumbent spends in "on-the-job" travel, excludiing commuting to regular work location: No travel or up to 20% travel depending on the work site of the position.
Typical office environment.