Pharmacy Billing Coordinator
- Memphis, TN
Christ Community Health Services has focused on fulfilling the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of the poor, the uninsured and the homeless in Memphis since 1995. Through our strategically placed health care centers and outreach programs, we provide high-quality health care and other services to thousands of patients, caregivers, students and families each year. Our goal is to go where the need is greatest to provide quality services in the name of Jesus Christ.
Job Title: Pharmacy Billing Coordinator Posting Period: 01/22 - 30/2013 or until filled
Location: Central Administration Building Pay Range: $14.29 - $20.01 per hour
Reports To: Director of Revenue Services FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position is r esponsible for posting pharmacy payments and maintaining all daily and month end functions relating to pharmacy. This position will also provide daily support and backup for all billing functions.
- Log pharmacy payments into the daily ledger.
- Maintain and manage the pharmacy remittance advice statements.
- Post pharmacy payments in practice management system.
- Manage pharmacy A/R.
- Run and maintain pharmacy and audit log reports.
- Complete pharmacy month end close.
- Provide accounting support as needed.
- Follow up on unpaid balance of aged A/R prior to 2012.
- Provide support for all billing functions.
- Prepares separate daily cash log for payments received by mail and EFT, and scan cash log to billing vendor.
- Work with pharmacy department to manage workflow.
- Responsible for oversight of OTP Billing.
- Responsible for reconciliation of missing hospital slips.
- Responsible for all patient phone calls related to billing.
- Responsible for scanning of hospital encounters for PMG to post.
- Communicate as needed with insurance plans on billing issues.
- Develop and maintain an ongling relationship with billing vendor staff.
- Demonstrate ability to be viewed as a subject matter expert in their current role.
- Organize work/resources to accomplish objectives and meet deadlines.
- Crossover duties to fill in other billing coordinators.
- Demonstrates a cooperative team approach in activities.
- Attends and participates in meetings, committees and training sessions as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma plus some specialized training.
Experience: Previous pharmacy billing experience required. At lease two years in the healthcare industry and customer service. Computer skills required. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required. Previous experience with spreadsheets. Ability to read EOB/Remittance Advice and invoices. Ability to facilitate other billing processes and workflows.
Level 1 – Requires some concentration and normal attention. Generally, once the job is learned, the tasks can be performed more or less automatically.
X Level 2 – Requires high periods of concentration intermittently and normal attention. Generally, even once the job is learned, tasks will require normal attention to deal with recurring variables.
Level 3 – Requires a high level of concentration and high level of attention intermittently. Generally, the approach to tasks may be consistent, but the number of steps required and/or the number of variables involved creates the possibility of errors unless the incumbent pays close attention.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Approximate percentate of time spent lifting, pulling and/or pushing: 5%
Machines and Equipment used
Machines, Equipment, Tools Approximate % of Time Degree of Hand:Eye Coordination Required
- Telephone 10% Low
2. Computer 70% Normal
3. Fax 5% Lowl
4. Photocopier 10% Low
5. Calculator 5% High
Approximate percentage of time incumbent spends in "on-the-job" travel, excludiing commuting to regular work location: 5%
Typical office environment with slight risk of back injury from lifting heavy boxes.
Occasional driving of automobile for clinic visits, outside training and meetings.
Communication Demands: Talking on telephone, training/giving instructions, receiving instructions and composing written language (English).
Decision Making: Makes independent decisions with occasional guidance from supervisor. Makes independent decisions on routine activities within the scope and function of the position.