Sr. Staff Accountant
- Memphis, TN
Christ Community Health Services has focused on fulfilling the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of the poor, the uninsured and the homeless in Memphis since 1995. Through our strategically placed health care centers and outreach programs, we provide high-quality health care and other services to thousands of patients, caregivers, students and families each year. Our goal is to go where the need is greatest to provide quality services in the name of Jesus Christ.
The Senior Staff Accountant provides senior-level professional accounting support within the Accounting Department and the company as a whole and includes indirect supervision of other Accounting staff members.
JOB TITLE: Sr. Staff Accountant POSTING PERIOD: 2/22-3/04/2013 or until filled
LOCATION: Central Administration Building PAY RANGE: $22.99 - $34.49 hourly
REPORTS TO: Controller FLSA: Exempt
- Performs administrative and grant-related functions, including budget and expense analysis, invoicing, financial reporting, and associated communications to grantors and to CCHS employees and management.
- Prepares GL entries along with reconciliations with various accounts.
- Assists with and reviews accounts payable/receivable functions.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports for various state, federal and private grants and is responsible for the preparation of financial information of new grant applications or renewals.
- Assists with monthly, quarterly and year-end closing activities.
- Tracks fixed assets and construction in process.
- Prepares and participates in various audits for state, federal and private funding.
- Researches financial information for ad hoc assignments.
- Develops and implements the CCHS budget (consolidated CCHS budget and for individual clinics).
- May perform other duties as required.
JOBS THIS POSITION DIRECTLY SUPERVISES
Supervises the following jobs indirectly:
Job Title Number of Incumbents
Staff Accountant 1
Accounts Payable Clerk 1
Education: Bachelor's Degree in accounting.
Experience: Requires three to five years experience in financial analysis and reporting, budgeting, GL maintenance, fixed asset management, AR, AP and month-end-closing. Strong working knowledge of MS Office tools; requires general and grant accounting knowledge.
Level 1 – Requires some concentration and normal attention. Generally, once the job is learned, the tasks can be performed more or less automatically.
Level 2 – Requires high periods of concentration intermittently and normal attention. Generally, even once the job is learned, tasks will require normal attention to deal with recurring variables.
X Level 3 – Requires a high level of concentration and high level of attention intermittently. Generally, the approach to tasks may be consistent, but the number of steps required and/or the number of variables involved creates the possibility of errors unless the incumbent pays close attention.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Approximate percentage of time spent lifting, pulling and/or pushing: 5%
Maximum number of pounds required (with or without assistance): 25 lbs
Types of objects the incumbent is required to lift/pull/push: File folders, cabinet drawers, storage boes, small items in the office.
Machines, Equipment, Tools Approximate % of Time Degree of Hand:Eye Coordination Required
- Computer 85% Normal
2. Telephone 10% Normal
3. Copier, fax 5% Normal
Approximate percentage of time incumbent spends in "on-the-job" travel, excluding commuting to regular work location: 5%
Typical office environment with low probability of injury; possible injuries include carpal tunnel syndrome and eye strain from extended computer use.