Dental Registration Clerk
- Memphis, TN
Christ Community Health Services has focused on fulfilling the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of the poor, the uninsured and the homeless in Memphis since 1995. Through our strategically placed health care centers and outreach programs, we provide high-quality health care and other services to thousands of patients, caregivers, students and families each year. Our goal is to go where the need is greatest to provide quality services in the name of Jesus Christ.
Position Available: Dental Registration Clerk (Full time) Bilingual Required
Posting Period: 03/15 - 25/2013 or until filled
Location: Broad Dental Clinic Pay Range: $11.02 - $15.43 hourly
Reports to: Office Manager FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provides medical office assistance according to established policies and procedures; greets patients and responds to inquiries; obtains necessary information for accurate billing; ensures patients have information necessary for registration process, follow-up appointments, and future communications.
Specific Functions of Job:
- Greets patients.
- Facilitates completion of registration forms.
- Obtains updated patient demographic information and enters it into the practice management information system.
- Verifies insurance and PCP selection, if applicable..
- Establishes method of payment and collects co-payment (s), deductibles and payment for insurance and/or sliding fee.
- Schedules some outpatient tests and procedures dictated by providers in accordance with insurance company guidelines.
- Completes Daily Activity Report at the end of the business day.
- Counts monies collected and totals cash drawer at the end of each business day.
- Serves as backup to the telephone operators, receptionist and Front Office areas, as needed.
- Performs other duties as required
Education: High school diploma.
Experience: Two to four years of clerical experience, preferably in a medical setting.
Licenses or Certifications: Dental Assistant, CPR Certified, Medical Billing & Coding Certificate preferred
Level 1 – Requires some concentration and normal attention. Generally, once the job is learned, the tasks can be performed more or less automatically.
X Level 2 – Requires high periods of concentration intermittently and normal attention. Generally, even once the job is learned, tasks will require normal attention to deal with recurring variables.
_ Level 3 – Requires a high level of concentration and high level of attention intermittently. Generally, the approach to tasks may be consistent, but the number of steps required and/or the number of variables involved creates the possibility of errors unless the incumbent pays close attention.
Approximate percentage of time spent lifting, pulliing and/or pushing: 30%
Maximum number of pounds required (with or without assistance): 15 pounds
Types of objects the incumbent is required is lift/pull/push. Boxes
Machines, Equipment, Tools Approximate % of Time Degree of Hand:Eye Coordination Required
- Photocopier 95% Normal
2. Computer 100% Highl
3. Telephone 85% Normal
4. Printer 100% Normal
5. Credit Card machine 15-20% Normal
Clinic setting with no barriers from the patients; risk exposure to infectious disease.
The specifics of each position will vary somewhat from one location to another.