Women's Cancer Coordinator
- Memphis, TN
Christ Community Health Services has focused on fulfilling the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of the poor, the uninsured and the homeless in Memphis since 1995. Through our strategically placed health care centers and outreach programs, we provide high-quality health care and other services to thousands of patients, caregivers, students and families each year. Our goal is to go where the need is greatest to provide quality services in the name of Jesus Christ.
Position Available: Women's Cancer Coordinator (Full-time) Posting Period: 05/08-14/2013 or until filled
Location: Frayser Health Center Pay Range: $11.02 - $15.43 hourly
Reports to: Office Manager FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Women’s Cancer Coordinator provides case management services to women receiving breast and cervical cancer screening at CCHS and enrolls women in the Tennessee Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (TBCCEDP).
- Documents and tracks in the Women’s Cancer Database all breast or cervical cancer screenings conducted or ordered by providers.
- Coordinates diagnostic screenings and physician consultations ordered by providers.
- Tracks and follows up on lab and/or screening results from referral providers based on established clinical guidelines.
- Ensures that screening, consult and follow up appointments are kept by patients, arranging transportation for patients to referral and/or follow-up appointments, as needed.
- Completes and maintains appropriate documentation for enrollment in TBCCEDP and associated data collection forms for the Program.
- Maintains consistent communication via monthly reporting and other means with Office Manager, Medical Staff, Billing Manager and others (i.e. TBCCEDP Case Manager) regarding status of women screened, those enrolled in TBCCEDP, those utilizing Komen funding, etc.
- Obtains educational materials and brochures related to breast and cervical cancer screening, treatment, etc.
- Serves as a contact person or liaison for outside referrals to the TBCCEDP or for screening information from referral providers.
- Provides weekly and monthly activity reports.
- May perform other duties as required.
Education: Must have a High School diploma or some college courses. Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration or social work is preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years case management experience in a health care setting, preferably in a medical office. Must have basic computer skills and knowledge of office procedures. Knowledge of medical terminology. Must have strong oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to wo rk independently with minimal supervision.
_____ Level 1 – Requires some concentration and normal attention. Generally, once the job is learned, the tasks can be performed more or less automatically.
_____ Level 2 – Requires high periods of concentration intermittently and normal attention. Generally, even once the job is learned, tasks will require normal attention to deal with recurring variables.
__X__ Level 3 – Requires a high level of concentration and high level of attention intermittently. Generally, the approach to tasks may be consistent, but the number of steps required and/or the number of variables involved creates the possibility of errors unless the incumbent pays close attention.
Activity of Time Comments
Sitting 40% Computer work and paperwork
Standing 40% Finding charts, sending faxes, interacting with patients and doctors
Walking 20% Back and forth to make copies, ask questions of doctors
Approximate percentage of time spent liftin, pulling and/or pushing. 40%
Maximum number of pounds required (with or without assistance): 5 lbs
Types of objects the incumbent is required to lift/pull/push. Boxes, file folders
Machines and Equipment Used:
Dgree of Hand, Eye
Machines, Equipment, Tools Aproximate % of Time Cordination Required
- Computer 50% Normal
- Telephone 40% Normal
- Photocopier 10% Normal
Approximate percentage of time incumbent spends in “on-the-job” travel, excluding commuting to regular work location: 20%
Work is performed in a clinic setting sometimes in cramped quarters. Possible exposure to infectious disease.