- Memphis, TN
Christ Community Health Services has focused on fulfilling the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of the poor, the uninsured and the homeless in Memphis since 1995. Through our strategically placed health care centers and outreach programs, we provide high-quality health care and other services to thousands of patients, caregivers, students and families each year. Our goal is to go where the need is greatest to provide quality services in the name of Jesus Christ.
Position Available: Staff Accountant Posting Period: 06/14-24/2013 or until filled
Location: Central Administration Building Pay Range: $19.00 - $28.50 hourly
Reports to: Controller FLSA Status: Exempt
The Staff Accountant manages the accounts payable cycle for Christ Community Health Services, supervising the
Accounts Payable Clerk and constantly improving systems.
- Creates a daily cash report utilizing outstanding check list, A/P Aging and General ledger.
- Records daily bank transaction journal entries and/or reconciles account on a rotating schedule.
- Reconciles Daily Cash Activity of the clinics and reconciles the clearing account.
- Reviews AP Batches prior to daily entry by AP Clerk and assigns the necessary account codes for processing. Reviews AP at calendar year end to determine who should receive IRS Form W-9 and then keeping forms up to date; working with AP clerk creates annual 1099 forms required by IRS..
- Responsible for closing various revenue systems each month on a rotating schedule and creating the necessary entries to record revenue. (EMd's, QS1, DENTRIX)
- Maintains vendor records including add new vendors and inactivating old vendors. Sets up and maintains r ecurring vendor payments and reconciles monthly.
- Processes credit card payments, ensuring proper authorizations before paying online. Clear various ACH payments made bymanagement online as needed.
- Assist in preparation of audit schedules and analysis of accounts for yearly audit and UDS report.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting.
Experience: 3-6 years experience balancing bank statements, general ledger and accounts payable with experience balancing subsidiary ledgers to general ledger and processing entire accounts payable cycle.
_____ Level 1 – Requires some concentration and normal attention. Generally, once the job is learned, the tasks can be performed more or less automatically.
_____ Level 2 – Requires high periods of concentration intermittently and normal attention. Generally, even once the job is learned, tasks will require normal attention to deal with recurring variables.
__X__ Level 3 – Requires a high level of concentration and high level of attention intermittently. Generally, the approach to tasks may be consistent, but the number of steps required and/or the number of variables involved creates the possibility of errors unless the incumbent pays close attention.
Activity of Time Comments
Approximate percentage of time spent liftin, pulling and/or pushing. 10%
Maximum number of pounds required (with or without assistance): 20 lbs
Types of objects the incumbent is required to lift/pull/push. Filing folders, reams of paper.
Machines and Equipment Used:
Dgree of Hand, Eye
Machines, Equipment, Tools Aproximate % of Time Cordination Required
- Computer 80% High
- Telephone 10% Normal
- Adding machine 4% High
- Label maker 1% Normal
- Printer 5% Normal
Approximate percentage of time incumbent spends in “on-the-job” travel, excluding commuting to regular work location: 1%
Typical office environment; potential eye strain due to working on computer for long periods of time.