Loss Prevention/Safety Manager
- Flower Mound, TX
In the spirit of Jesus Christ, Christian Community Action ministers to the poor by providing comprehensive services that alleviate suffering, bring hope and change lives.
If you have a heart to serve, join us in bringing hope and changing lives!
The primary responsibility of a Loss Prevention Manager is to safeguard associates, equipment, and assets of the organization as well as independently assess the environment, recommend and/or execute appropriate actions in a timely manner to mitigate risks and ensure the safety and well-being of people and property while maintaining and developing departmental staff and departmental budget
- Assist in development and implementation of training program for Loss Prevention.
- Ensure proper facility coverage and timely response to alarms and other security/ safety requirements
- Prevent, detect and deter losses and safety violations
- Engage in and often lead safety committee meetings and on-site safety initiatives (including training)
- Maintain all training records (Powered Industrial Trucks, Safety Presentations, Orientations, etc)
- Enforce loss prevention and safety policies and procedures.
- Schedule and participate in all inspections for facility (including burglar, fire alarm, sprinkler system, and extinguisher inspections)
- Ensure thorough, accurate and timely investigations are completed and appropriate actions executed by self and others as needed.
- Develop and implement training for DCPC Teams on "internal investigation/ identifying risk exposures"
- Maintain and monitor CCTV and ACCESS systems for facility
- Pro-actively identify potential risk exposures and recommend or implement actions to mitigate such risks
- Network with local law enforcement agencies (police,fire, etc) and partner as needed to address potential or known risks.
- Participate in all New Hire Orientations (covering LP and Safety procedures)
- Conduct hub audits/follow up reviews.
- Act as company agent and primary LP contact, in partnership with HR, to address associate behavior issues (including but not limited to alcohol use, drug use, and violence in the workplace).
- Create and deliver accurate, timely and concise reporting of trends, losses, investigation outcomes, safety and other pertinent data.
- Complete special projects or assignments as assigned by Director.
- Monitor budget of department.
- Keep open lines of communication for all associates (open door policy).
- Contribute cost saving ideas on a continuous basis.
- Local travel will be required as requested by Director
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by Director
- A four-year College Degree in management, business administration or related study, or five years of related field experience
- Prior experience with loss prevention retail operations or loss prevention distribution center operations as well as safety and OSHA compliance
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels (associates, management, vendors, etc.)
- Strong coaching and administrative skills
- Strong analytical and decision making skills; ability to make sound decisions
- Must be able to take charge during crisis situations
- Ability to prioritize work and take appropriate action in a timely manner; ability to multi-task
- Highly detail oriented and quality conscious
- Knowledge of Retail store merchandising set-up helpful, but not required
- Ability to be a strategic partner by forming relationships with other departments
- Flexibility to assist in other areas within Loss Prevention
- Ability to be on-call / available as needed outside of work schedule (after hour calls or emails)
- This position is primarily a desk position, but will require you to stand, walk and move as needed
- When assisting other LP representatives this position will also require you to lift, carry, push, pull, reach, grasp, bend and stoop; ability to climb stairs
- Ability to type and read computer screen, CCTV, and other required LP equipment