- Carrollton, TX
In the spirit of Jesus Christ, Christian Community Action ministers to the poor by providing comprehensive services that alleviate suffering, bring hope and change lives.
If you have a heart to serve, join us in bringing hope and changing lives!
- Primarily responsible to maintain, organize display of housewares (i.e. books).
- Empty carts received from the DonationCenter and arrange items attractively in the Resale store.
- Continuously pick up, rearrange, dust and straighten shelves of merchandise.
- Skilled or prepared to acquire skills to capably price housewares, keeping in mind the value of collectibles
- and antiques.
- Empty carts and return to hallway.
- Maintain good customer relations with the shoppers.
- Be helpful to shoppers, but, firm about store policies.
- Sign in/out Court Appointed Volunteers when needed.
- Keep track of shopping carts, bring them in from outside and return stray carts to the rack.
- Assist customers by carrying out large purchases.
- Pull outdated housewares items from floor as needed.
- Must be able to get out daily production efficiently.
- Assist in other departments as needed or assume additional duties as directed by the supervisor.
- Capable of standing for extended periods of time.
- Understand store policies and be capable of enforcing them.
- Understand and complete proper paperwork.
- Capable of working with dirt, dust, mildew, molds, odors etc.
- Self starter, capable of working alone, but also enjoy working with others.
- Ability to lift (15 lbs) safely.
- Ability to speak, read and understand English.
- Flexible and willing to work in other areas as needed.
- Flexible with working hours and prepared to work overtime when required.
- Clean and well groomed