- The Colony, TX
In the spirit of Jesus Christ, Christian Community Action ministers to the poor by providing comprehensive services that alleviate suffering, bring hope and change lives.
If you have a heart to serve, join us in bringing hope and changing lives!
- Greet customers as they enter the store.
- Operate cash register and handle returns.
- Maintain good customer relations: Be helpful, courteous to customers yet firm about store policies.
- Tidy sales floor whenever possible throughout the shift.
- Sign in/out Community Service Workers
- Keep register area clean and organized at all times.
- Keep steady supply of bags, newspapers, and forms at the register.
- Handle merchandise returns in a friendly manner.
- Handle transactions involving donations and issue receipts to customers donating items after the DonationCenter is closed.
- Complete paperwork as required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with cash register operations and good math aptitude.
- Possess a pleasant, warm, and friendly personality and be courteous, polite and patient at all times.
- Capable of standing for extended periods of time.
- Must understand store policies and be capable of enforcing them.
- Possess pleasant telephone manners.
- Must be flexible with working hours.
- Capable of working with dirt, dust, mildew, molds, odors etc.
- Must be a self starter, capable of working alone, but also enjoying working with others.
- Able to read and understand English.
- Must be clean and well groomed.
- Bilingual preferred. (Spanish and English)
- Knowledge of CCA programs and activities a plus.
- Must be prepared to work in other areas as needed.