Data Modeler / Data Architect
- 5107 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22041, USA
Citizant is a leading provider of professional IT services to the U.S. government. We seek to address some of our country’s most pressing challenges in the areas of Agile application development, Enterprise Data Management, Enterprise Architecture, and Program Management support services – focusing on the U.S. Departments of Homeland Security and Treasury. We strive to hire only ethical, talented, passionate, and committed “A Players” who already align with the company’s core values: Drive, Excellence, Reputation, Responsibility, and a Better Future. No matter how large we grow, Citizant will retain its collaborative, supportive, small-company culture, where successful team effort to address external and internal customer challenges is valued above all individual contributions.
This person will work closely with business stakeholders as well as potential users to elicit, analyze, define data requirements needed to support the business processes. This role will have the responsibility to deliver a data dictionary, conceptual, logical, and physical data models throughout the life-cycle of the data requirements. Key responsibilities to include:
- Translate business and data requirements into logical data models in support of Enterprise Data Models, Operational Data Structures and Analytical systems.
- Deliver the transformation of logical data models into physical database designs while optimizing the performance and maintainability of the physical database
- Perform data analysis, discovery, profiling and identify cause of data issues and work with broader team to resolve
- Create conceptual, logical and physical data model, data flows, data management specifications
- Develop solid understanding of the various source data sets and assist in laying out the overall data design solutions
- Promote data modeling standardization, defines and drives adoption of the standards
- Establish governance processes around metadata to ensure an integrated definition of data for enterprise information, and to ensure the accuracy, validity, and reusability of metadata
- Maintain integrity and security of data
- 8+ years with data modeling tools, such as ER/Studio, ERwin, PowerDesigner, Enterprise Architect, etc.
- Hands on dimensional data modeling of physical, conceptual and logical data models
- Skilled in a various forms of data modeling
- Skills to design and implement enterprise-class data models
- Candidate must be a US Citizen
Citizant strives to be an employer of choice in the Washington metropolitan area. Citizant associates accept challenging and rewarding work and in return receive excellent compensation and benefits, as well as the opportunity for personal and professional development.
Citizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.