CYCToronto is seeking PUBLIC RELATIONS COORDINATORS to join our team. This volunteer position is ideal for a secondary or post-secondary student who is interested in public policy, government relations, media relations, youth advocacy, and who is seeking to be a fundamental asset to the development of a local, youth-focused, not-for-profit organization. Ideally, the candidate has a keen interest in advocacy and has some experience and knowledge in liaising with decision-makers and the media. A minimum one-year commitment is required. This position will require a minimum of 5 hours on a weekly basis.
- Creating specific strategies, templates, and materials for raising the profile of CYCToronto.
- Developing and maintaining a strong relationship with City Councillors and their offices and communicating regularly the objectives, progress, and policy positions of the Youth Council.
- Work with fellow team members to plan and execute strategies designed to pressure City Councillors and effectively advocate the policy positions as adopted by the Youth Council.
- Maintaining regular communication with the Manager of Public Relations, attending weekly team meetings, and submitting a monthly report every month.
- Assisting with the research, writing and distribution of the flow of information targeted at the media.
- Working to further the influence and credibility of CYCToronto within a variety of media outlets.
- Identifying, targeting, establishing, and maintaining relationships with journalists/reporters.
- Training Youth Councillors/Ambassadors for media interviews to maximize each opportunity with media coverage.