Senior Global Internal Auditor
- Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ
Clark Davis Associates
Reporting to the Manager, Global Controls & Compliance, the Senior Auditor will assist in providing independent assurance that Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) are operating effectively within the company's operating units worldwide, and that the company is in compliance with best practice and regulatory compliance requirements.
The candidate will be expected to work with the various constituents within the business units to develop a network of relationships within the group. The individual will also be expected to react to business unit requests for specific audits or reviews as required. Support for achieving compliance in areas such as SOX and Financial Statements Audit, in terms of training guidance and quality reviews and sample testing, will also be required.
The role will require the ability to work in a complex and dynamic business and financial environment with the flexibility to work in different countries and in a multicultural environment. The position will be U.S. based but requires approximately 30% domestic and international travel.
- Develop and execute the audit plan based on the risk assessment.
- Schedule and perform the audit engagements and organize and manage any extra resources required.
- Formulate recommendations to improve internal control processes and other value adding opportunities, as appropriate.
- Follow up outstanding action points within an agreed timetable and ensure that all issues are closed in a timely fashion.
- Scope of audits will include integrated financial and internal controls, operational efficiencies, and compliance.
- The risk based approach will be expanded to include general business and financial risk.
- Execute internal audits based on company's agreed work programs.
- Assist in the development of new work programs as required, and provide feedback on the improvement of current work programs.
- Assist in the completion of design effectiveness and operating effectiveness tests in conjunction with the business unit partners and SOX PMO.
- Assist business units in achieving ICFR compliance by providing guidance and review of design and testing.
- Communicate and coordinate with external auditors around the division of test work in relation to the external assertion/opinion.
Business Unit Assistance:
- Provide consultative assistance to business units relative to the design of internal controls and implementation of control-based best practices / benchmarks.
- Assist in the performance of pre-implementation reviews of financial and operational processes with a view to building in internal controls that are commensurate with the size and complexity of the operations.
- Review financial and operational projects from time to time to provide an objective view to provide an assessment of the progress to date as well as the forecasts to completion.
- Participation in internal planning meetings and regular communications within the Internal Audit Department.
- Regular contact with the Senior Director, Global Controls & Compliance and communication of plans and activities.
- Regular contact with business unit management and maintenance of knowledge of business unit plans and strategies.
Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills to successfully communicate with the various constituents such as the external auditors, the enterprise and business unit leadership. Position requires a minimum of three years of relevant experience in a similar capacity at an enterprise or business unit level; Big 4 public accounting experience strongly preferred. A bachelor's degree in Accounting is required. CPA / CIA license or pursing of either is a must; Masters Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related discipline is preferred. A strong background in process and controls and understanding of the operating business environment from a controls and compliance perspective is important. Excellent writing and communication skills are essential. The candidate must be a proactive individual, who is able to work independently in a fast-paced environment. Consistent common sense, pragmatism and excellent judgment skills will be critical to success in the function.