Junior Financial Analyst
- Princeton, NJ
LEADING SHIPPING COMPANY
The Financial Analyst will develop a deep understanding of the Chassis Business, including the various products we offer and be flexible in assisting the FP&A team.on revenue, expense, consolidation and modeling. The analyst will need to apply sharp technical skills to assist in creation of Profit-Loss and Cash Flow analyses and be able to navigate through detailed data files.
Partner with team members to create models / analyses to assist management in decision-making on various business initiatives.
• Develop / prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
• Assist in Monthly Reforecast Process.
Work with FP&A to ensure reforecast contains latest market trends.
• Assist in Annual Budget Preparation.
Adhere to mandated schedule for timely completion of budget.
• Assist in Company Fleet Reporting by segment
• Assist in customer/regional profitability analyses
• Contribute to preparation of Weekly Management Dashboard report
• Combine cash flow and P-L knowledge to foster profitability and return analyses by segment
• Work with Operations, Commercial and other internal teams to develop business drivers to forecast and track against on a regular, repeatable process
A minimum of one year analytical or related business experience required.
• Must have proven competence in data mining, analysis, and modeling capabilities, expertise in Excel (including Pivot tables and V-lookups) and strong PowerPoint skills. Strong database skills (Access, Oracle) would be a plus.
• Working knowledge of income statement, balance sheet and cash flow required.
• Ability to learn and adapt to in-house system applications.
• Must possess excellent analytical, conceptual, communication and interpersonal skills, in addition to the ability to think creatively.
• Must be detail-oriented, accurate, and inquisitive.
• Must work well in a team-oriented, dynamic and matrix environment
• Ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team oriented work environment.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
$40K to $50K plus bonus