The Manager, Accounts Payable is responsible for the timely and accurate payment of all vendor invoices and the related internal/external reporting. Responsibilities also include:
- Managing the accounts payable staff on daily activities such as policies, systems, procedures, training and career planning.
- Creating and implementing changes to work assignments, methods or procedures to meet operational needs and improve accuracy, timeliness and efficiencies of the accounts payable process.
- Organization, delegation and upward/downward communication are critical to the success of this area.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate and manage daily activities of a staff of 5
- Manage the function using metrics and key reports to ensure overall operation is producing the required output
- Manage and review of invoice entry process to ensure proper coding, invoice approval and timeliness. Research and identify corrective actions for problem invoices, including process changes, if necessary,
- Manage and review the setup of new suppliers including payment terms and banking information
- Review Accounts Payable aging reports and payment requests from suppliers & employees to ensure timely approval of invoices and payments
- Identify procedure-enhancing processes to ensure timely payment of invoices and discount-taking opportunities.
- Maintain and update all Accounts Payable policies and procedures.
- Work closely with other internal departments clearing issues including; General Accounting, Purchasing and Finance team members relating to crossover invoices (i.e. coding issues, closed accounts, etc.);
- Ensure the timely Month End closing of Accounts Payable
- Own and ensure that the Sarbanes-Oxley narrative is current and that the controls are operating effectively. Point person for Sarbanes-Oxley testing by Internal and External Audit.
- Work with internal and external auditors for any required testing. Point Person for year-end audit of Accounts Payable by External Auditors;
- Supervise the issuing of 1099 reports to independent contractors, freelancers and board of directors at year end as well as the completion of the 1096 transmittal to the IRS;
- Implement and test Oracle software upgrades and modifications.
- Manage the escheatment filing and payment follow-up processes