Accounts Payable Director
- New York, NY
The Manager, Accounts Payable is responsible for the timely and accurate payment of all vendor invoices and the related internal/external reporting. Responsibilities also include:
- Managing the accounts payable staff on daily activities such as policies, systems, procedures, training and career planning.
- Creating and implementing changes to work assignments, methods or procedures to meet operational needs and improve accuracy, timeliness and efficiencies of the accounts payable process.
- Organization, delegation and upward/downward communication are critical to the success of this area.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate and manage daily activities of a staff of 5
- Manage the function using metrics and key reports to ensure overall operation is producing the required output
- Manage and review of invoice entry process to ensure proper coding, invoice approval and timeliness. Research and identify corrective actions for problem invoices, including process changes, if necessary,
- Manage and review the setup of new suppliers including payment terms and banking information
- Review Accounts Payable aging reports and payment requests from suppliers & employees to ensure timely approval of invoices and payments
- Identify procedure-enhancing processes to ensure timely payment of invoices and discount-taking opportunities.
- Maintain and update all Accounts Payable policies and procedures.
- Work closely with other internal departments clearing issues including; General Accounting, Purchasing and Finance team members relating to crossover invoices (i.e. coding issues, closed accounts, etc.);
- Ensure the timely Month End closing of Accounts Payable
- Own and ensure that the Sarbanes-Oxley narrative is current and that the controls are operating effectively. Point person for Sarbanes-Oxley testing by Internal and External Audit.
- Work with internal and external auditors for any required testing. Point Person for year-end audit of Accounts Payable by External Auditors;
- Supervise the issuing of 1099 reports to independent contractors, freelancers and board of directors at year end as well as the completion of the 1096 transmittal to the IRS;
- Implement and test Oracle software upgrades and modifications.
- Manage the escheatment filing and payment follow-up processes
- Bachelor’s degree required. Accounting or Business Management degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of hands on Accounts Payable experience.
- Minimum 2 years managing a multi person A/P department.
- Must have large ERP AP system experience (Oracle, Peoplesoft, SAP, Lawson, etc)
- Must have 1099 and 1096 filing experience
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively deal with all levels of personnel.
- Must be able to organize the work flow and evaluate the effectiveness of the staff.
- Must have a high acumen to detail, be results oriented and have a sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to identify efficiencies and implement process and system improvements.
- Must have customer service oriented interpersonal skills to deal effectively with both external and internal customers/vendors
- Must have developed metrics and reports to manage the function
- Solid working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite with especially strong skills in Excel (examples, pivot tables, VLookup, other Formulas and Functions)
- Oracle and invoice scanning software experience is a plus.
- Experience processing invoices and payments in multiple currencies a plus
$135K plus bonus